Anyone on here ever used thetoptens.com?

• Thread starter djh101
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation revolves around the website thetoptens.com, where users can create and vote on "Best Of" lists. The topic of creating top book lists and collectively choosing top books is brought up, and the conversation also includes the mention of a few lists that the speaker has made. There is a request for the user djh101 to explain their choice of favorite quantum mechanics book, and they agree to do so in the future.
djh101
Has anyone on here ever used thetoptens.com? Basically, it's a site that let's you create and vote on "Best Of" lists. Given all the "Which book is the best for _?" threads on this forum, I feel like it wouldn't be a bad idea to start some top book lists and collectively pick some top books. Any thoughts?

Here's a few lists that I've made:
http://www.thetoptens.com/dover-books/
http://www.thetoptens.com/quantum-mechanics-textbooks/
http://www.thetoptens.com/best-introductory-physics-textbooks/

Note that I do not own, nor am I affiliated with, thetoptens.com.

Physics news on Phys.org
Hey djh101. I see that your favourite quantum mechanics book is "Quantum Mechanics: Concepts and Applications" by Zettili.

Might explain why? Btw, It would be nice if you did so in this thread. It has only one reply yet ://

Sure. I'm on a tablet at the moment, but I'll see if I can post a nice reply this weekend.

1. How does thetoptens.com work?

The toptens.com is a website that allows users to create and vote on lists related to various topics such as music, movies, and sports. Users can also leave comments and interact with others on the site.

2. Is the content on thetoptens.com reliable?

The content on thetoptens.com is created and curated by users, so it is important to consider the source and do additional research when using information from the site. However, the site does have a voting system in place to help determine the most popular items on a list.

3. Can I contribute to thetoptens.com?

Yes, anyone can create an account and contribute to thetoptens.com by creating lists, voting, and leaving comments. However, there are guidelines in place to ensure the content is appropriate and relevant to the topic.

4. How can I find specific lists or items on thetoptens.com?

The easiest way to find specific lists or items on thetoptens.com is by using the search bar on the homepage. You can also browse through the different categories or use the "Top 10 Lists" tab to view the most popular lists on the site.

5. Are there any fees for using thetoptens.com?

No, thetoptens.com is a free website and does not require any fees for using its features. However, some sponsored content may be featured on the site, but it does not affect the overall user experience.