Apology for Cancelled Event""Sorry: Apology for Cancelled Event

• News
  • Thread starter Bystander
  • Start date
In summary, John Glenn was an all-American hero who was influential in the space race and passed away last week.
Bystander
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
:sorry:

Physics news on Phys.org
I had just heard this morning that he was ill. Had no idea just how ill. :oldcry::oldcry::oldcry:

Godspeed , John Glenn

Likes berkeman and nsaspook
R.I.P.

John Glenn, whose 1962 flight as the first U.S. astronaut to orbit the Earth made him an all-American hero and propelled him to a long career in the U.S. Senate, died Thursday. The last survivor of the original Mercury 7 astronauts was 95.

Glenn died at the James Cancer Hospital in Columbus, Ohio, where he was hospitalized for more than a week, said Hank Wilson, communications director for the John Glenn School of Public Affairs.

John Herschel Glenn Jr. had two major career paths that often intersected: flying and politics, and he soared in both of them.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/former-astronaut-us-sen-john-glenn-ohio-died-203210458.html

Last edited by a moderator:
The only good thing about 2016 is that it is going to end soon.

Likes 1oldman2, Borg, Evo and 1 other person
I heard yesteday that he had been in the hospital for a week. Very sorry to see one of the great ones go.
Borek said:
The only good thing about 2016 is that it is going to end soon.
I recently saw a Last Week Tonight episode that ended with several minutes people saying of F... 2016. My sentiments exactly.

Many years ago I saw a cartoon about John Glenn.
It was after he went into space a second time (in 1998, at the age of 77).
An old couple in a car,
wife is complaining about how her husband should be doing something now that he is retired, like John Glenn.
His response was "Curse you John Glenn".

It may be beyond the comprehension of people born in more recent times but the space race in the 1950/60 period had the whole world enthralled .

The usually excellent tv transmissions covering the different missions had whole families on the edge of their seats gripped with excitement .

The space race coincided roughly in time with a period of rapid technological development in many other fields as well .

Ordinary people both young and old came to be interested and knowledgeable about a great deal about space technology and science in general .

The space race probably encouraged a whole generation of school children to become engineers and scientists .

Likes RonL
Nidum said:
It may be beyond the comprehension of people born in more recent times but the space race in the 1950/60 period had the whole world enthralled .
I remember at age 10 my father awaking and telling me of the Soviet Union's successfully launch of Sputnik I; then my world became more enthralled.

What a legend!

Likes dlgoff

Related to Apology for Cancelled Event""Sorry: Apology for Cancelled Event

What is the reason for the event being cancelled?

The event was cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances such as inclement weather, venue issues, or scheduling conflicts.

Will the event be rescheduled?

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and we are currently working to reschedule the event. We will keep you updated on any future plans for the event.

Will I receive a refund for my ticket?

If you purchased a ticket for the cancelled event, you will receive a full refund. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

How will I be notified of the event cancellation?

You will be notified of the event cancellation through the contact information provided at the time of purchase. We will also post updates on our website and social media platforms.

Can I transfer my ticket to a future event?

Unfortunately, due to the circumstances of the cancellation, we are unable to transfer tickets to future events. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.