• Support PF! Buy your school textbooks, materials and every day products via PF Here!

Admissions Applying with high percentile/low scores

Krushnaraj Pandya

Gold Member
Good day everyone, I'm an Indian student about to complete high school and I've applied for computer engineering in Memorial University of Newfoundland, Canada. My class 10th GPA is 9.6 and I am expecting at least 85% in class 12th boards. This year the JEE (Indian SATs for engineering) was also early and I have a percentile of 96.7% in it along with a lot of extracurricular achievements as well. These are standard All-India results that the school has no control over.

The trouble is my school has refused to give an expected marksheet because they think its against the rules of Indian education boards-and are overall hesitant to make any official statements or claims. I asked them to at least have a percentile column so I don't come off as a weak student but they said they have no such records. The papers in my school are really tough, and especially so for computer science- last year's average score was 28/100- how do I explain my low scores and to whom? apart from the standard national results all other marks are from the school itself and most of them aren't numerically appealing. I'd appreciate some advice- thank you.

Krushnaraj Pandya

Gold Member
I forgot to mention- the school is willing to write me any number of recommendation letters I need from whoever I need.

Good day everyone, I'm an Indian student about to complete high school and I've applied for computer engineering in Memorial University of Newfoundland, Canada. My class 10th GPA is 9.6 and I am expecting at least 85% in class 12th boards. This year the JEE (Indian SATs for engineering) was also early and I have a percentile of 96.7% in it along with a lot of extracurricular achievements as well. These are standard All-India results that the school has no control over.

The trouble is my school has refused to give an expected marksheet because they think its against the rules of Indian education boards-and are overall hesitant to make any official statements or claims. I asked them to at least have a percentile column so I don't come off as a weak student but they said they have no such records. The papers in my school are really tough, and especially so for computer science- last year's average score was 28/100- how do I explain my low scores and to whom? apart from the standard national results all other marks are from the school itself and most of them aren't numerically appealing. I'd appreciate some advice- thank you.
Dude you'll easily get in, but I ned an idea as to where exactly do you wanna apply ? Cos as far as uni's are concerned (excl. engineering institutes) the best ones open (or stay open) after the results come out.

Krushnaraj Pandya

Gold Member
Dude you'll easily get in, but I ned an idea as to where exactly do you wanna apply ? Cos as far as uni's are concerned (excl. engineering institutes) the best ones open (or stay open) after the results come out.
applying to Memorial University, Newfoundland Canada. Thanks for the reply.

applying to Memorial University, Newfoundland Canada. Thanks for the reply.
Ohh abroad I see. You sure your parents fine with it right ? (Speaking from experience) And for what course btw ?

Krushnaraj Pandya

Gold Member
Ohh abroad I see. You sure your parents fine with it right ? (Speaking from experience) And for what course btw ?
yeah, they're totally onboard, Memorial is way better than anything I would get with JEE. I wanted to have a career in AI so comp. sci./comp. engineering. Although I haven't quite decided which one yet.