Are AT&T telephone transmission towers harmful?

  • Thread starter Thread starter limitapproaches0
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 5K views
limitapproaches0
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
so we took a drive up into the mountains about 2 hours from pittsburgh, ligoner area, anyway at the top of the mountain there was 2 towers for long distance telephone transmission and the driveway said at&t so we went down the driveway and drove up to the area where the towers were. the place was deserted and kind of creepy and on the fence there was a radiation warning due to high frequency transmission. is this harmful? or is there anywhere i could find more info on these towers?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
limitapproaches0 said:
is this harmful? or is there anywhere i could find more info on these towers?
Did it look anything like THIS? Assuming it was operational (looks like those things are being shut down), its only really harmful if you're there for a long time. I was in the navy and I'd stand next to that sign at my lookout post several times a day for a five months. I haven't yet had a chance to test my fertility, but I'm not worried...
 
why yes in fact it did but there were 2 towers and those polyhedron looking thingys were bigger