Are Chickens Considered Plants? The Debate Over Food Warning Labels

  • Thread starter Thread starter rachmaninoff
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Funny
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
rachmaninoff
I found this gem in a current article about the congressional bill removing state-mandated food warning labels:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060309/ap_on_he_me/food_warnings
The bill's supporters argue that consumers deserve the same warnings on supermarket shelves across the country. The bill would allow a state to seek a nationwide warning from FDA.

"We ought to do it in all 50 states," said Rep. Mike Rogers, R-Mich. "Chicken grown in Louisiana is going to end up on a plate in Michigan."

So apparently chickens are a type of plant. :confused:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
rachmaninoff said:
I found this gem in a current article about the congressional bill removing state-mandated food warning labels:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060309/ap_on_he_me/food_warnings


So apparently chickens are a type of plant. :confused:
Ambiguous term. You can raise corn and wheat, so I guess you can grow chickens.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Evo said:
Ambiguous term. You can raise corn and wheat, so I guess you can grow chickens.

Thanks a lot killjoy :-p
 
rachmaninoff said:
ISo apparently chickens are a type of plant. :confused:
Soon, probably. Genetic engineering. I bet the Japanese thought it up: chicken on the cob, or something.