Are Newer Editions of Atkins Physical Chemistry More User-Friendly?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 6K views
danago
Gold Member
Messages
1,118
Reaction score
4
Hey. I currently have a copy of atkins physical chemistry, although it is fairly old (4th edition). I found it for $20 at a second hand bookshop and it isn't in the best of conditions, but it has done the job so far!

Anyway, what I am wondering is, are the later editions (8th i think?) much different to the older ones? Are they presented in a more user friendly way?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
i agree, the atkins book is choppy and very not user friendly.
 
Are you saying that about the recent editions? While i have found certain parts of the text a bit hard to read, i still do like the text as a reference book, so i will still consider purchasing a newer edition if there is much difference.
 
I don't know about this book, but you can at least have a look at the chapter titles and some material in the 8th edition here:

http://bcs.whfreeman.com/pchem8e/default.asp?s=&n=&i=&v=&o=&ns=0&uid=0&rau=0

Maybe that's enough to get a rough sense of any material that has been added or removed.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Redbelly98 said:
I don't know about this book, but you can at least have a look at the chapter titles and some material in the 8th edition here:

http://bcs.whfreeman.com/pchem8e/default.asp?s=&n=&i=&v=&o=&ns=0&uid=0&rau=0

Maybe that's enough to get a rough sense of any material that has been added or removed.

Its a bit hard to judge if there are many differences from the site, but it looks like there could be some useful things on the site anyway, so thanks for the link :smile:
 
Last edited by a moderator: