Werg22 Messages 1,431 Reaction score 1 Thread starter Mar 22, 2007 #1 Is there any book with questions that would typically appear on a physics contest? I'm talking about high school physics here.
Is there any book with questions that would typically appear on a physics contest? I'm talking about high school physics here.
robphy Science Advisor Homework Helper Insights Author Gold Member Messages 7,530 Reaction score 3,056 Mar 22, 2007 #2 Flying Circus of Physics by Walker http://www.flyingcircusofphysics.com/ Thinking Physics by Epstein https://www.amazon.com/dp/0935218084/?tag=pfamazon01-20 Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2017
Flying Circus of Physics by Walker http://www.flyingcircusofphysics.com/ Thinking Physics by Epstein https://www.amazon.com/dp/0935218084/?tag=pfamazon01-20
Werg22 Messages 1,431 Reaction score 1 Mar 23, 2007 #3 Are those hand waving questions or is there a good portion of calculations?
robphy Science Advisor Homework Helper Insights Author Gold Member Messages 7,530 Reaction score 3,056 Mar 24, 2007 #4 I would describe these questions and answers as handwaving. I'm not sure what is "typical" in a "high-school physics" contest. Here are "Physics Olympiad Screening Exams" from AAPT http://www.compadre.org/psrc/items/detail.cfm?ID=390 Here's stuff from the "37th International Physics Olympiad" http://www.ipho2006.org/index.php?option=com_static&task=problems&Itemid=43
I would describe these questions and answers as handwaving. I'm not sure what is "typical" in a "high-school physics" contest. Here are "Physics Olympiad Screening Exams" from AAPT http://www.compadre.org/psrc/items/detail.cfm?ID=390 Here's stuff from the "37th International Physics Olympiad" http://www.ipho2006.org/index.php?option=com_static&task=problems&Itemid=43
Werg22 Messages 1,431 Reaction score 1 Mar 24, 2007 #5 robphy, here is a sample of the kind of questions I'm looking for: http://sin.uwaterloo.ca/pdfs/problemset.pdf" the Olympiads might be to intensive for the level I'm looking for but I'll look into it. Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2017
robphy, here is a sample of the kind of questions I'm looking for: http://sin.uwaterloo.ca/pdfs/problemset.pdf" the Olympiads might be to intensive for the level I'm looking for but I'll look into it.