Are there more books like Abel's Theorem in Problems and Solutions ?

In summary, the conversation discusses the book "Abel's Theorem in Problems and Solutions" and how it is a student-friendly and self-contained resource for studying Algebra. The speakers express their love for such books and inquire about other similar books. A link to the translated pdf of the book is also shared.
Horse
Are there more books like "Abel's Theorem in Problems and Solutions"?

The book "Abel's Theorem in Problems and Solutions" saved me in Algebra. I have over 5 books in Algebra, but Abel shines in its student-friendliness. It is easy to approach, full of exercises, solutions and relevant theories. Please, do not understand me wrong. I am an undergraduate at Mathematics, and I enjoy formal style like in Bourbakis. I just love self-contained books like the Abel, because I have to self-study a lot. Are there more books like the Abel?

Physics news on Phys.org

Sorry for bringing up an old thread. This is truly an amazing book. I too am curious if anybody's found books similar to this one.
Here's a link to the pdf of this book (translated by a student at Caltech): www.cds.caltech.edu/~nair/abel.pdf

another russian example, vinogradov's number theory book uses the guided approach by exercises.

1. What is Abel's Theorem?

Abel's Theorem is a mathematical theorem that states a method for evaluating certain types of infinite series. It was first published by Norwegian mathematician Niels Henrik Abel in 1826.

2. What is the significance of Abel's Theorem?

Abel's Theorem is significant because it provides a way to evaluate infinite series that was previously unknown. It also has many applications in other areas of mathematics, such as complex analysis and number theory.

3. What is the book "Abel's Theorem in Problems and Solutions" about?

The book "Abel's Theorem in Problems and Solutions" is a collection of problems and solutions related to Abel's Theorem. It covers a wide range of topics, from basic concepts to more advanced applications.

4. Are there other books similar to "Abel's Theorem in Problems and Solutions"?

Yes, there are other books that cover Abel's Theorem and its applications. Some examples include "Abel's Theorem and the Allied Theory" by H. F. Baker and "Abel's Theorem and the Calculus of Finite Differences" by J. R. Whittaker.

5. Is "Abel's Theorem in Problems and Solutions" suitable for beginners?

The book "Abel's Theorem in Problems and Solutions" is suitable for readers with a basic understanding of calculus and complex analysis. It may be challenging for beginners, but it can also serve as a good introduction to the topic with the help of a teacher or additional resources.