Are There Other Confirmed Geniuses in this Forum?

  • Thread starter Thread starter JanSafr
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Forum Psychology
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
20 replies · 2K views
JanSafr
Messages
1
Reaction score
3
Trolling first post at PF
Am a mathematical genius and computer science and other by most metrics that are available today.

Are there any other here who are confirmed to be such?
Trying to find a forum of smart people.
 
Attachments
  • poopeebutnotpeepoo.png
    poopeebutnotpeepoo.png
    91.4 KB · Views: 184
  • Haha
  • Skeptical
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: nuuskur, LCSphysicist, Haborix and 1 other person
Mathematics news on Phys.org
Jan
E
Safr

Soooooper Genius.
I like the sound of that.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: PhDeezNutz and russ_watters
I too identify as a genius. Furthermore, I identify all others as geniuses, too!
 
I know I'm a legend in my own mind...probably a genius too.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: CalcNerd, PhDeezNutz and Haborix
and, sorry, just to check that you are actually a genius, please provide the solution to the following:

Show that the all the complex zeros of ##\zeta(s)## have real part equal to ##1/2##, where $$\zeta(s)=\sum_{n=1}^\infty\frac{1}{n^s}$$
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Spinnor, valenumr, Hamiltonian and 1 other person
True geniuses don't do trivial problems.
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: CalcNerd, Spinnor, valenumr and 5 others
Damn, touche, you are a true genius.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: david2 and berkeman
I'm a genius at locking threads and giving infractions to trolls. Nuff said. :wink:
 
  • Like
  • Love
  • Wow
Likes   Reactions: Spinnor, david2, rsk and 6 others
Sorry to overstep my authority after the lock, but I finally realized what bothered me about this statement by the OP (other than the trolling). I'll unlock the thread and thread ban the OP to ask who else sees the irony in this violation of the grammar police code...

JanSafr said:
Am a mathematical genius and computer science and other by most metrics that are available today.

noun, adjective, noun
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: russ_watters and david2
I'm only annoyed because I forgot to say I was a very stable genius. Ah well... not presidential timber.
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: CalcNerd, collinsmark, Jarvis323 and 5 others
Haborix said:
and, sorry, just to check that you are actually a genius, please provide the solution to the following:

Show that the all the complex zeros of ##\zeta(s)## have real part equal to ##1/2##, where $$\zeta(s)=\sum_{n=1}^\infty\frac{1}{n^s}$$
No problem. I have a proof under the RH (standard assumption in cryptology).
 
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: nuuskur and Haborix
Great 1rd post!
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: strangerep, russ_watters and berkeman
hutchphd said:
I'm only annoyed because I forgot to say I was a very stable genius. Ah well... not presidential timber.
Are you sure you're not just meta-stable?
 
Wouldn't the plural of genius be genii?
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: symbolipoint
Geni was a genius
At least her mamma said.
She could finish her math
Before her bath,
and off she went to bed.
 
I work with a number of geniuses. Every day. In a furniture warehouse..
 
Mondayman said:
I work with a number of geniuses. Every day. In a furniture warehouse..
Not an apple store?
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: PhDeezNutz
There was one, but sadly he left.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: PhDeezNutz
Just because a person opens themselves up to ridicule does not mean that it is nice to pile on.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Mayhem
caz said:
Just because a person opens themselves up to ridicule does not mean that it is nice to pile on.
Yeah, I guess it's time to tie off this thread now. Thanks folks.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: PhDeezNutz