Are these A-level options suitable for pursuing medicine at Cambridge?

  • Topic: Courses 
  • Thread starter Thread starter VNN
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    A-levels Options
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
VNN
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
Hello,I'm in Y11 And 5 Days away from deciding on my A-level Options...

I would like to do medicine at Cambridge when i am older...

I am academically v.strong...

I was going to choose:

1)Physics
2)Biology
3)Chemistry
4)Mathematics
5)Further mathematics

Are these good options?
Hard?

Thanks.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
That'll be a massive workload, I urge against it. If you're set on Medicine then I'd suggest to take either Further Maths or Physics but not both. I took five AS-Levels and found the workload to be extreme - there weren't enough hours in the day.
 
Larry Gopnik said:
That'll be a massive workload, I urge against it. If you're set on Medicine then I'd suggest to take either Further Maths or Physics but not both. I took five AS-Levels and found the workload to be extreme - there weren't enough hours in the day.
Thanks!
Did you do well at the end of day with AS levels(In terms of Grade)?
.
 
Does your school even allow you start 5 A-levels? I do know that some schools do (and then expect you to drop one or two), but I also know that some school (including the one my step son will go to) is pushing for no more than four A-levels (they used to recommend four, but according to them the system is apparently changing again so now three is the recommended number meaning you can't then drop a subject) .