Where Will Your Honesty Lead You? An Inferno Test

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Test
In summary, the Dante's Inferno Test has sent you to the First Level of Hell - Limbo. You were honest and answered questions correctly, but you scored poorly in terms of level matched.
Oh yes, and for members under the age of 18, the test definitely is not valid. :rolleyes:

Physics news on Phys.org
This test was aimed at being a good person based on Christian Beliefs, otherwise yes/no answers wouldn't work. Anyway, I go to lvl 1 and a scored very high in Lvl 1 and Heretic(whatever lvl that is).

SOS2008 said:
This test is designed so that everyone will go to hell. Hmm, could it be the work of...Satan!?

Too vague--not only in definition, but also combining things. For example if you cheat on a girlfriend from whom you have no commitment versus cheating on your wife, etc., these are two very different things. And a choice between sex and food, i.e., promiscuity and gluttony, this is a no-win question. And too black and white. Do you believe in God? Yes or no, but what about you hope there is one but aren't sure?

Don't worry people...it's rigged.
No, no, no, no, no, some of us are simply more virtuous than others.

SOS2008 said:
This test is designed so that everyone will go to hell. Hmm, could it be the work of...Satan!?

Too vague--not only in definition, but also combining things. For example if you cheat on a girlfriend from whom you have no commitment versus cheating on your wife, etc., these are two very different things. And a choice between sex and food, i.e., promiscuity and gluttony, this is a no-win question. And too black and white. Do you believe in God? Yes or no, but what about you hope there is one but aren't sure?

screw you! I am going to heaven according to that baby! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

lol jk (actually no that's what it said, I am just saying jk to the screw u part)

First Level of Hell - Limbo

Purgatory Repenting Believers - Very Low
Level 1 - Limbo Virtuous Non-Believers - High
Level 2 Lustful - Low
Level 3 Gluttonous - Moderate
Level 4 Prodigal and Avaricious - Very Low
Level 5 Wrathful and Gloomy - Low
Level 6 - The City of Dis Heretics - High
Level 7 Violent - Moderate
Level 8- the Malebolge Fraudulent, Malicious, Panderers - Moderate
Level 9 - Cocytus Treacherous - Low

Last edited:
Hold on here. I don't see the logic. If you don't believe in God do you automatically go to the 6th level? I took this test earlier and I put I didn't believe in God and I ended up in Limbo, but now I'm shunned to the 6th level - I've been falsely accused! Where's my lawyer??

Eigth Level of Hell - the Malebolge

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Many and varied sinners suffer eternally in the multi-leveled Malebolge, an ampitheatre-shapped pit of despair Wholly of stone and of an iron colour: Those guilty of fraudulence and malice; the seducers and pimps, who are whipped by horned demons; the hypocrites, who struggle to walk in lead-lined cloaks; the barraters, who are ducked in boiling pitch by demons known as the Malebranche. The simonists, wedged into stone holes, and whose feet are licked by flames, kick and writhe desperately. The magicians, diviners, fortune tellers, and panderers are all here, as are the thieves. Some wallow in human excrement. Serpents writhe and wrap around men, sometimes fusing into each other. Bodies are torn apart. When you arrive, you will want to put your hands over your ears because of the lamentations of the sinners here, who are afflicted with scabs like leprosy, and lay sick on the ground, furiously scratching their skin off with their nails. Indeed, justice divine doth smite them with its hammer.

Wow, and I use to think I was such a nice guy.

It's religion based.

It's garbage... mad garbage.

I'm easily a level 2... no surprise... also high on levels 1 and 8... somehow i scored moderate on violent... even though I'm very very anti-violence, and answered accordingly on all the questions... I'm not sure what i answered that gave me points there... therefore the test is crap... which we all knew anyways...

on a separate note, i read the divine trilogy... or at least most of it. i read all of the inferno and some of the rest. Not the easiest read...

Dang, am I disappointed, level 6, I should be much higher then that, Dex is my hero! I strive for level 9... Perhaps if I take it over I can do better... Nah.. the first time was a waste of time.

Evo... :confused: I am surely disapointed, I thought so highly of you. o:)

I am a wrathful, gloomy, Fraudulent, Malicious heretic and panderer. I am being sent to the 6th level of hell: The City of Dis

woo hoo!

Last edited:
If I remember correctly I got level six when I took that test. That was a while ago though I may have racked up some more sins since then. :tongue:

And what about your results SOS?

TheStatutoryApe said:
If I remember correctly I got level six when I took that test. That was a while ago though I may have racked up some more sins since then. :tongue:

And what about your results SOS?
I was too busy testing the validity of it. I guess I should go back and take it--you know, for entertainment and all. :uhh:

Looks like most of us will being seeing each other on level 6. We're a bad pack aren't we
well, see you in hell, 6th floor! lata!

z-component said:
No, yomamma, that test is wrong. You're a bad person! :P
whew! I thought everything was so crazy that it was the end of the world! I've been walking outside with a sign saying "repent! the end is near!" I'm glad I read your post

Okay, here it is...

Your fate has been decided...
You are one of the lucky ones! Because of your virtue and beliefs, you have escaped eternal punishment. You are sent to the First Level of Hell - Limbo!

---------------------------------------------------
Charon ushers you across the river Acheron, and you find yourself upon the brink of grief's abysmal valley. You are in Limbo, a place of sorrow without torment. You encounter a seven-walled castle, and within those walls you find rolling fresh meadows illuminated by the light of reason, whereabout many shades dwell. These are the virtuous pagans, the great philosophers and authors, unbaptised children, and others unfit to enter the kingdom of heaven. You share company with Caesar, Homer, Virgil, Socrates, and Aristotle. There is no punishment here, and the atmosphere is peaceful, yet sad.

Here is how you matched up against all the levels:
(Click on a level for more info)
Level Who are sent there? Score
Purgatory Repenting Believers Low
Level 1 - Limbo Virtuous Non-Believers High
Level 2 Lustful Moderate
Level 3 Gluttonous Low
Level 4 Prodigal and Avaricious Very Low
Level 5 Wrathful and Gloomy Low
Level 6 - The City of Dis Heretics High
Level 7 Violent Low
Level 8- the Malebolge Fraudulent, Malicious, Panderers Moderate
Level 9 - Cocytus Treacherous Low
Crap, where is everyone else going?

Level 6 for me. :rolleyes:

So how about a PF meetup in level 6? Say, in a few hundred years. :devil:

Integral said:
Evo... :confused: I am surely disapointed, I thought so highly of you. o:)
I'm boring. :frown:

Of course I could have answered some of those questions either way, the other way making me seem really evil, so I chose to post the less evil. :blushing:

Evo said:
I'm boring. :frown:

Of course I could have answered some of those questions either way, the other way making me seem really evil, so I chose to post the less evil. :blushing:
OK, that explains it, On those ambigous question (ie most of them!), the ones I felt no correct response was given, I chose the evil obtion. :devil:

:rofl: my arse guys
honestly most of you are level 1...
That means you answered no to the hate question and some people deserve to die.
Some people do definitely deserve to die...I do mean severe criminals that serve no purpose in life but to cause pain and suffering to good people.
Come on am I right huh?? or am I just violent? :)
Well Level 5 seems cozy enough anyway ;)

Last edited:
Soilwork said:
:rofl: my arse guys
honestly most of you are level 1...
That means you answered no to the hate question and some people deserve to die and that.
Some people do definitely deserve to die...I do mean severe criminals that serve no purpose in life but to cause pain and suffering to good people.
Come on am I right huh?? or am I just violent? :)
Well Level 5 seems cozy enough anyway ;)
I was quite happy with level 6 til I read your post. How the hell did I end up worse than you? :grumpy:

:) what's that supposed to mean??
you trying to say I'm a bad person huh? ;)

Purgatory

You have escaped damnation and made it to Purgatory, a place where the dew of repentance washes off the stain of sin and girds the spirit with humility. Through contrition, confession, and satisfaction by works of righteousness, you must make your way up the mountain. As the sins are cleansed from your soul, you will be illuminated by the Sun of Divine Grace, and you will join other souls, smiling and happy, upon the summit of this mountain. Before long you will know the joys of Paradise as you ascend to the ethereal realm of Heaven.

Level Who are sent there? Score
Purgatory - Repenting Believers Very High
Level 1 - Limbo - Virtuous Non-Believers High
Level 2 - Lustful Low
Level 3 - Gluttonous Moderate
Level 4 - Prodigal and Avaricious Very Low
Level 5 - Wrathful and Gloomy Very Low
Level 6 - The City of Dis Heretics Very Low
Level 7 - Violent Very Low
Level 8 - the Malebolge Fraudulent, Malicious, Panderers Moderate
Level 9 - Cocytus Treacherous Low

Seems like i will be going to be lonely :( no one coming to purgatory with me T.T

darkar said:
Seems like i will be going to be lonely :( no one coming to purgatory with me T.T
Sounds incredibly boring, I think I will stick with party at level 6. :devil:

Soilwork said:
:) what's that supposed to mean??
you trying to say I'm a bad person huh? ;)
Nah. I too answered 'yes' to the 'some people deserve to die' question, but I'd apply that only to the worst of the worst that would otherwise escape penalty. Osama Bin Laden, Roy Meadows, Linda Barker, etc.

Ah well, no surprise for me; I ended up in 7th level..

Damn, that sand is awfully hot..

Last edited:
Integral said:
Sounds incredibly boring, I think I will stick with party at level 6. :devil:

Yes, it is really boring. So guess it is time to do some evil!

SOS2008 said:
Okay, here it is...

Crap, where is everyone else going?

The first PF saint? You have to buy your halo from me, that's 50$ please.

BicycleTree said:
It said "Limbo" when I tried it. I was honest, too. Low for everything else except level 7 (violent) where it said "moderate."

Thats 50$ from you also.

ssj5harsh said:
I got a Level One-Limbo, and I think it fits with my ideals quite properly. I was indeed honest about most things.
I answered the question about whether I hated my countrymen wrong.
I do indeed hate quite a lot of my countrymen, but I answered in accordance with the spirit of the test.

Most people just live their lives in pursuit of happiness. I quite disagree and think it is wrong(even childish). This goes against my ideals as I wish to live a life which is "useful". Others should prosper from my work. My motivation is to simply make (say) my grandchildren and great-grandchildren(who will know me only by name) proud of me and what I did or tried to do.

Better get a new batch of halos.

Evo said:

Purgatory Repenting Believers - Very Low
Level 1 - Limbo Virtuous Non-Believers - High
Level 2 Lustful - Low
Level 3 Gluttonous - Moderate
Level 4 Prodigal and Avaricious - Very Low
Level 5 Wrathful and Gloomy - Low
Level 6 - The City of Dis Heretics - High
Level 7 Violent - Moderate
Level 8- the Malebolge Fraudulent, Malicious, Panderers - Moderate
Level 9 - Cocytus Treacherous - Low

Due to demand the cost is now 1$

Purgatory Repenting Believers Low
Level 1 - Limbo Virtuous Non-Believers Very High
Level 2 Lustful High
Level 3 Gluttonous Very Low
Level 4 Prodigal and Avaricious Very Low
Level 5 Wrathful and Gloomy Very Low
Level 6 - The City of Dis Heretics Low
Level 7 Violent Moderate
Level 8- the Malebolge Fraudulent, Malicious, Panderers High
Level 9 - Cocytus Treacherous Very Low

You share company with Caesar, Homer, Virgil, Socrates, and Aristotle.

HA! At least eternity would be interesting and filled with intellectual pursuits.

Great Test!

I think caeser should be up at level 5 or 6 for sure :smile:

Wooo. There's an enigma in the party on Level 6!

I'll bring the hot dogs!