Artemis Fowl film about to stream

In summary, Artemis Fowl is a lesser known series about a child genius who discovers the hidden world of faeries and leprechauns and wants to use it for his criminal plans. It has been compared to the popular Harry Potter series and is highly anticipated as a film adaptation. However, it will only be released on Disney+ instead of in theaters. Fans are curious to see how the movie will portray the beloved characters and world from the books, but many still prefer the original source material.
BillTre
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Artemis Fowl may not be familiar to many, but I like because I read these with my kids when they were young.
Artemis Fowl is a kid genius in a criminal family, becomes aware of the well hidden work of faeries and leprechauns and wants to take it over for criminal purposes.
It has similarities to Harry Potter world and is a lot of fun.

The film was made, directed by Branagh, and will be streamed in Disney (too bad for me, I don't get that) instead of coming out in theaters. Date on yet clear.
The trailer seems different from what I recall as having read.
Here is an ABC news article in it.

Science news on Phys.org
Can't wait to see it. I really liked the Harry Potter series and Spiderwick...

https://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Culture/artemis-fowl-movie-star-josh-gad-judi-dench/story?id=69766145I am curious to see what they have done with it. But I still prefer the books.I agree, the Artemis Fowl books were a big part of my childhood and I have fond memories of reading them with my family. I am also curious to see how the film adaptation turns out, but I am a bit disappointed that it will only be available on Disney+ instead of in theaters. I hope they do justice to the characters and the unique world that Eoin Colfer created. While the trailer does look different from the books, I am still excited to see it. But like you, I will always prefer the books.

What is the plot of the Artemis Fowl film?

The Artemis Fowl film follows the story of a 12-year-old criminal mastermind, Artemis Fowl II, as he sets out on a mission to save his father from a group of dangerous fairies who have kidnapped him. Along the way, Artemis must use his intelligence and cunning to outsmart the fairies and uncover the secrets of their world.

Who are the main characters in the Artemis Fowl film?

The main characters in the Artemis Fowl film include Artemis Fowl II, his loyal bodyguard Butler, the fairy reconnaissance officer Holly Short, and the evil pixie Opal Koboi. Other characters include Artemis' father, Fowl Manor's butler Mulch Diggums, and the fairy commander Julius Root.

Is the Artemis Fowl film based on a book?

Yes, the Artemis Fowl film is based on the popular book series of the same name written by Eoin Colfer. The film is an adaptation of the first book in the series, also titled "Artemis Fowl".

Who directed the Artemis Fowl film?

The Artemis Fowl film was directed by Kenneth Branagh, who is known for his work on other popular films such as "Thor" and "Cinderella".

Where can I stream the Artemis Fowl film?

The Artemis Fowl film is available for streaming on Disney+, the streaming service owned by Disney. It can also be rented or purchased on other streaming platforms such as Amazon Prime Video and Google Play Movies.

Back