Astrobiology Missions, whats being proposed?

Main Question or Discussion Point

There are a number of moons that seem to excite astrobiologists. Europa, Titan and Enceledus spring to mind.
Are there any good resoruces that explore what missions are being seriously proposed to explore these moons in the future?

Answers and Replies

Ryan_m_b
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Here are http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EJSM/Laplace" [Broken] of proposed missions that involve all three places. Considering the budgetary issues of space agencies at the moment I think it would be best not to assume they will definitely happen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks I note the Wiki page usues the term " was a joint NASa ESA proposal", any diea why use the emphasis on the past tense? Is it not still an option for further development ( for a distant day when budgets are healthier) or has it been rejected ?

Ryan_m_b
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Thanks I note the Wiki page usues the term " was a joint NASa ESA proposal", any diea why use the emphasis on the past tense? Is it not still an option for further development ( for a distant day when budgets are healthier) or has it been rejected ?
I think that NASA is no longer involved because it can't afford it so ESA is looking to either fund it itself or collaborate with another space agency. I guess if it can't do that it will be scraped and replaced with one of the other http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosmic_Vision#Large_missions_.28L.29" the project is competing with.

Last edited by a moderator: