Cheaper alternative to ATI All-In-Wonder HD card for free TV tuner

  • Thread starter Thread starter RiseAgainst
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 3K views
RiseAgainst
Messages
46
Reaction score
0
I want to buy an ATI ATl-In-Wonder HD but they cost a lot, $149.99 from Newegg. I was wondering if anyone could suggest an alternative to this card that costs less. I was also wondering if I could watch TV in my room for free. I heard that you can watch free TV with a TV Tuner, I don't have Satellite running to my room.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Well sure, you can go to any electronics store and buy a digital tuner and antenna and watch broadcast tv. You don't need a computer for it, but if you want to do it that way, there are tons of TV cards out there. The All In Wonder combines 3d proceesing (for games) with TV, so if you don't need the extra umpf for video games, you can just buy a dedicated TV card. Newegg has a bunch (here's one): http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815100039

You need an antenna with it.