1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Atmospheric chemistry - how to find a wavelength

1. Feb 2, 2010 #1
    Recently, it has been found that Cl2 can be released to the atmosphere in the marine boundary layer through mechanisms that oxidize chloride (Cl-) in sea salt aerosol. The Cl2 is unreactive at night and can build up to significant levels. Upon sunrise, Cl2 will photolyze, releasing very reactive Cl atom radicals according to the reaction: Cl2 + hv → Cl. + Cl.
    a) If the bond energy of the Cl-Cl bond is 243 kJ/mole, calculate the maximum wavelength of light(in nm) that would dissociate the molecule

how would i do that can someone help plz

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 2, 2010 #2

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Re: atmospheric chemistry help-plz i really need help with this ..how to find a wavel

We can not help you unless you show some effort first. What thoughts/ideas do you have?

4. Feb 2, 2010 #3
    Re: atmospheric chemistry help-plz i really need help with this ..how to find a wavel

oke i actually was able to solve it thanks anyway

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook