Australia vs Japan: Incredible Comeback!

In summary, Australia made an incredible comeback in the last six minutes of the game, scoring three goals and winning 3-1 against Japan. The shot totals showed a similar performance in the first half, but Japan's 1-0 lead seemed to affect their performance in the second half. There were also some missed calls by the referee, including a potential penalty kick foul by Cahill. Overall, it was a thrilling game and Australia proved their strength in the World Cup.
BobG
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
And Australia makes an incredible comeback with 3 goals in the last 6 minutes!

I nearly had my point for Japan in the book.:frown:

The shot totals probably tell the story. Japan and Australia had about the same number of shots in the first half. With a 1-0 lead, Japan had almost nothing the second half. Maybe they sat on that lead a little too much.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Yes, it is unbelieveable. I didn't see the second half assuming Japan to perform well, but 3-1 is terrific! I lost the first bet today. :cry:

I saw only the second half (probably 3/4ths of it), and I'm glad I did. Maybe it was just an extreme case of Beginner's luck. :-p

:cry:hup :cry: hup:cry:
I thought...oh no, it's such a pain I can't continue to pour all of my deep emotion all over a messige like this..

Wow! Talk about missing the call. Check out the video on Japan's goal: http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showpost.php?p=8680943&postcount=173

Number 11 hits the keeper as he's about to go up and 9 comes in even harder to eliminate any chance of reaching the ball.

That's the first blown call with any impact. Supposedly, the ref also missed a PK foul by Cahill bad enough to warrant Cahill's second caution. That turned out to have an even bigger impact. Japan loses a goal and Cahill goes on to score two.

Last edited:
http://school.elps.k12.mi.us/donley/classrooms/berry/sitton_spelling_activities/4thgrade_spelling/unit21/kangaroo_kickking_soccer_ball_hg_clr.gif

Three hurrahs for the socceroos! Turn the "Waltzing Matilda" up!

It's becoming apparent that the japanese will have to include Captain Tsubasa in their squad in order to do something worthy in a World cup

http://garaje.ya.com/tanimaweb/Ozora2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Related to Australia vs Japan: Incredible Comeback!

1. What happened during the "Australia vs Japan: Incredible Comeback!" game?

In the game between Australia and Japan, Australia was losing by a significant margin, but they made an incredible comeback in the second half to win the game.

2. What factors contributed to Australia's comeback?

There were several factors that contributed to Australia's comeback, including strong teamwork, strategic play, and effective use of substitutions.

3. How did Japan react to Australia's comeback?

Japan was initially caught off guard by Australia's comeback, but they responded by increasing their defensive efforts and trying to regain control of the game.

4. How significant was this comeback in the context of the overall tournament?

This comeback was extremely significant as it not only secured a win for Australia, but it also showed their resilience and determination in the face of adversity. It also had a significant impact on the standings for the tournament.

5. Will this comeback have a lasting impact on the teams involved?

While it's difficult to say for sure, this incredible comeback is likely to have a lasting impact on both teams. For Australia, it will serve as a source of motivation and confidence, while for Japan, it may serve as a lesson on the importance of maintaining focus until the very end.