• Thread starter coktail
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is discussing the issue of some users not being able to see their avatar/profile image on mobile devices, while others are able to. It is mentioned that this only applies to certain apps and that one must be a Gold member to have their avatar displayed. One user expresses their gratitude for the valuable content on the site and announces their new Gold membership.
coktail
Hi All,

I've noticed that my avatar/profile image does not appear on mobile, but I do see the avatars for some other users. This applies to the official PF app, as well as apps such as Tapatalk.

Anybody have any insight into this?

Thanks,
coktail

Physics news on Phys.org
coktail said:
Hi All,

I've noticed that my avatar/profile image does not appear on mobile, but I do see the avatars for some other users. This applies to the official PF app, as well as apps such as Tapatalk.

Anybody have any insight into this?

Thanks,
coktail

You need to be a Gold member :)
https://www.physicsforums.com/payments.php [Broken]

Last edited:
Sold!
I'm now a gold member :)
This site has been incredibly valuable to me, so it's 100% worth it.
Thanks, Greg!

coktail said:
Sold!
I'm now a gold member :)
This site has been incredibly valuable to me, so it's 100% worth it.
Thanks, Greg!

Nice pixel art! Thanks for the support!

1. Why is my avatar not showing up on my mobile device?

There could be several reasons for this. One possibility is that the website or app you are using does not support avatars on mobile devices. Another possibility is that there may be a compatibility issue with your specific device or operating system. It is also possible that there is an issue with your internet connection or the server hosting the avatar.

2. How can I fix the issue of my avatar not appearing on mobile?

The first step would be to check if the website or app you are using supports avatars on mobile devices. If it does, try clearing your browser's cache and cookies, or restarting your device. If the issue persists, try accessing the website or app on a different device to see if the problem is specific to your device. You can also try contacting the website or app's customer support for assistance.

3. Can I use a different avatar on mobile compared to desktop?

It depends on the website or app you are using. Some websites or apps may have separate settings for avatars on mobile and desktop, while others may only allow one avatar to be used across all devices. Check the settings or FAQ section of the website or app to see if this is possible.

4. Why is my avatar not appearing in all areas of the website or app on mobile?

This could be due to design or layout differences between the mobile and desktop versions of the website or app. Some areas may not have enough space to display avatars, or the design may not support displaying avatars in certain sections. Try accessing the website or app on a desktop or laptop to see if the avatar appears in those areas.

5. Will my avatar show up on other users' devices when I use it on mobile?

In most cases, yes. As long as the website or app supports avatars on mobile devices and the user has their settings to display avatars, your avatar should appear on their device. However, if there are compatibility issues or the user has a poor internet connection, the avatar may not appear for them.