Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Background colors need more differentiation

1. Jan 6, 2015 #1

LCKurtz

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Could we have more distinct backgrounds? For example, the box where the reply is could be better differentiated from the original post. And the line with the report, reply, like, etc. is hardly readable unless the mouse is on that line. And I can't tell you how many times I have accidentally typed replies in the middle of the quote because of the $#%&** scrolling reply box and lack of color differentiation. Please??!

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 6, 2015 #2
    This is by design to help reduce design noise. The opacity should improve when the mouse is anywhere on that specific post.

Can you explain this in a different way, I am not sure what you mean.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2015
  4. Jan 6, 2015 #3

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

One trick that I use to avoid that problem is to use carraige returns to put my cursor in the right place for typing my reply. So I click the +Quote link, scroll to the bottom of the page to click Insert Quotes, and then I hit CR 3 times. That inserts the quote box(es), and positions my cursor 2 lines below the last end-Quote. Maybe give that a try to avoid clicking into the wrong part of the Reply box...?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook