Bad @ math needs help w/ bullet deflection

In summary, the person is seeking help with a mathematical "sentence" that can incorporate different variables for their ballistic armor invention. They are not good at math and are hoping to get assistance from a math expert to create a mathematical equation for their invention.
David W
Hello, thanks for even stopping in here...

My Q: (and beggin' for help ;/ )

Is there a basic mathematical "sentence", where you can "plug in" variables, ie- Vel / angle / projectile weight/ target impacted (makeup) ,etc?

I, and this will probably make you laugh, am TERRIBLE @ math. I do believe in myself enough (Im 45 yrs old) to know that the two patents I hold on ballistic armor are correct & will work, I just wish I knew how to do the math.

Maybe I just need to get a math pro to simply see the patent and perhaps discern how to put together a mathematical equation?

The reason I ask is that I am seeking assistance and its a question, or a bunch of questions that will come up (ie)- wheres your mathematical model to prove out your theory?

So, bottom line, HELP? Best Dave

Physics news on Phys.org
You don't seem to have asked a specific question yet.. So.. Tell us about the armor?

Hello Dave,

I can understand your frustration with math, but it is an essential tool in the field of science and engineering. In order to accurately calculate bullet deflection, you will need to use mathematical equations and models. It is not possible to have a "basic sentence" that can be used for all variables, as each situation will have different factors that need to be considered.

I would recommend seeking help from a math professional or someone with expertise in ballistics and armor. They can assist you in developing the necessary equations and models to support your patents. It is important to have a solid mathematical foundation to back up your theories and claims.

In addition, there are many online resources and tools available that can help you with specific calculations and equations. Don't be afraid to reach out for assistance and continue to learn and improve your math skills.

Best of luck with your patents and research. Keep pushing forward and don't let your struggles with math hold you back.

1. How does bullet deflection work?

Bullet deflection is the process of a bullet changing direction from its original path. This can be caused by various factors such as wind, gravity, or impact with an object.

2. Can bullet deflection be predicted?

Yes, bullet deflection can be predicted using mathematical equations and simulations. Factors such as bullet weight, velocity, and angle of impact are used to calculate the amount of deflection.

3. How can I improve my bullet deflection accuracy?

To improve bullet deflection accuracy, it is important to understand the factors that affect it. Practicing with different types of ammunition and considering environmental factors can also help improve accuracy.

4. What are some common mistakes when calculating bullet deflection?

Some common mistakes when calculating bullet deflection include not accounting for all the factors that can affect it, using incorrect equations or data, and not considering the specific conditions of the shooting scenario.

5. Are there any tools or resources available to help with bullet deflection calculations?

Yes, there are various online calculators and software programs that can assist with bullet deflection calculations. It is important to use reliable and accurate data when using these tools.