Barney snaps under pressure of Obama victory

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Pressure
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
8 replies · 3K views
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Messages
8,252
Reaction score
2,666
Physics news on Phys.org
OK, so I have to state up front I prefer cats over dogs (although I do live with two big dogs), but that Barney looks like an unpleasant little brute.
 
Ha! I forgot that I'd seen this on the news last night... so I was thinking before I opened and read your quote "Smith Barney"? :smile:

Can't a presidential decision (esp. an Obama victory) stabilize the markets? Yesterday the Dow was still decreasing... but it seems today it is rising again. Not watching this because I have any major investments... I just like some random looking at plots and random calculating. :smile:
 
physics girl phd said:
Ha! I forgot that I'd seen this on the news last night... so I was thinking before I opened and read your quote "Smith Barney"? :smile:

Can't a presidential decision (esp. an Obama victory) stabilize the markets?

This is far too big for a few words to end the crisis. The free market failed and on one really knows if or how the decline can be halted. Everyone hopes that the actions take thus far will get credit moving again, which was the real problem. And we have a pretty good idea why the great depression was so bad, which is why quick action was taken to avoid a similar disaster.

The jobs report is due out today and everyone knows it will be bad.
 
I would never approach a dog the way that reporter did. I present the back of my hand near to the dog and slowly bring it close so it can smell the hand for a moment and get used to it or reject the offer. I never offer twice.
 
If someone stuck their fingers in my face like that, I would of bite them too.
 
i thought this was going to be about Barney Frank
 
Math Is Hard said:
I thought it was going to be about Barney the Dinosaur.

This was also one of my first thoughts... but I think he snapped long ago. :smile: