BB Homework Template overlaps when previewing post

• Thread starter Seydlitz
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses a recurring issue with previewing posts written in LaTex on the forum. The bb code for the template in the homework section gets duplicated each time and it is believed to be a known bug that cannot be fixed at the forum code level. The suggested solution is to open two forum editors simultaneously and preview the code from one outside the homework forum.
Seydlitz
Hello guys,

because I'm writing LaTex sometimes I find it necessary to preview the post first before submitting. When I do that, the bb code for the template in homework section got repeated every time. New template code got added right after the first one. Is this behavior actually intended?

Thank You

Physics news on Phys.org
It's a "known bug." My understanding from previous discussions of this is that there's no way to fix it at the forum code level. I think you're stuck with deleting the extra code every time you preview.

Ok no problem then. I think the best solution so far -- in fact I've just discovered it -- is just two open two forum editors at the same time, one outside the homework forum and to preview the code from there.

What is causing the BB Homework Template to overlap when previewing a post?

There could be a few reasons for this issue. It could be due to conflicting CSS styles, incorrect HTML structure, or a bug in the template itself.

How can I fix the overlapping issue with the BB Homework Template?

First, try clearing your browser's cache and reloading the page. If that doesn't work, check for any conflicting CSS styles in your theme or other plugins. You can also try adjusting the HTML structure of your post or page to see if that resolves the issue.

Is there a way to prevent the BB Homework Template from overlapping in the future?

Yes, make sure to thoroughly test any new templates or plugins before using them on your live site. Also, regularly check for updates and bug fixes for the template to ensure it is functioning properly.

Can I customize the BB Homework Template to avoid the overlapping issue?

Yes, if you have knowledge of HTML and CSS, you can modify the template to fit your needs. However, be cautious when making changes to templates as it can potentially cause other issues.

Where can I find support for the BB Homework Template if I am still experiencing overlapping issues?

You can reach out to the developer of the BB Homework Template or seek support from online forums and communities. You can also hire a web developer to assist you in troubleshooting and fixing the issue.