Best Place To Start Learning About in Astrophysics

  • Thread starter Thread starter TaurusSteve
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Astrophysics
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 2K views
TaurusSteve
Messages
24
Reaction score
16
Summary:: Which area to best start learning about in Astrophysics.

I'm 44 years old and when I was at school we only learned basic things in Maths. Now I'm older, I'm fascinated by the Universe and Astrophysics etc. What would be the best things/areas, maths wise, to learn about first?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
TaurusSteve said:
I'm 44 years old and when I was at school we only learned basic things in Maths. Now I'm older, I'm fascinated by the Universe and Astrophysics etc. What would be the best things/areas, maths wise, to learn about first?
"Universe and Astrophysics" are very broad topics, covering almost all the physics and math domains/areas you can imagine. In my opinion, you cannot be wrong to begin with calculus and Newtonian mechanics.