Best Song Lines - Lyrics You'll Love

  • Thread starter Thread starter photon
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Lines
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
31 replies · 6K views
"The nite's too quiet
Stretched out alone
I need the whip of thunder
And the wind's dark moan

I'm not Able, I'm just Cain
Open up the heavens
Make it rain!

I'm close to heaven
Crushed at the gate
They sharpen their knives
On my mistakes

What she done, you can't give it a name
You got to make it rain
Make it rain, yeah!"

Tom Waits - Make It Rain

"Hey Brother Christian with your high and mighty errand,
Your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying.
Hey Sister Bleeding Heart with all of your compassion,
Your labors soothe the hurt but can't assuage temptation.
Hey man of science with your perfect rules of measure,
Can you improve this place with the data that you gather?
Hey Mother Mercy can your loins bear fruit forever?
Is your fecundity a trammel or a treasure?
And I want to conquer the world,
Give all the idiots a brand new religion,
Put an end to poverty, uncleanliness and toil,
Promote equality in all my decisions
With a quick wink of the eye
And a "God you must be joking!"

Bad Religion - I Want to Conquer the World

"I would sacrifice anything come what might
For the sake of having you near,
In spite of a warning voice that comes in the night
It repeats, how it yells in my ear
Don't you know little fool, you never can win
Why not use your mentality, step up, wake up to reality
But each time I do, just the thought of you
Makes me stop just before I begin,
'Cause I've got you under my skin
Yes, I've got you under my skin"

Old Blue Eyes - I've Got You Under My Skin

"Neglected girls shouldn't worry
That's what God made sailors for."

Rasputina - If Your Kisses Can't Hold the Man You Love

I should probably stop before I make this too long.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
metallica's fade to black
its short. about a man fed up of life going to kill himself


Life it seems will fade away
Drifting further everyday
Getting lost within myself
Nothing matters no one else
I have lost the will to live Simply nothing more to give
There is nothing more for me
Need the end to set me free

Things not what they used to be Missing one inside of me
Deadly loss this can't be real
Cannot stand this hell i feel
Emptiness is filling me To the point of agony
Growing darkness taking dawn
I was me but now, he's gone

No one but me can save myself, but its too late
Now i can't think, think why i should even try

Yesterday seems as though it never existed
Death greets me warm, now i will just say goodbye
Goodbye
gurkha-war-horse