Best university in South Africa for physics?

  • Topic: Schools 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Centaur
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Physics University
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 9K views
Centaur
Messages
34
Reaction score
0
What is the best university in South Africa for studying physics.

I know that it depends on what research and courses in physics the university offers.

I have narrowed down some universities:
  1. University of Stellenbosch (Maties) http://www.sun.ac.za"

The field I really would like to go in is Quantum mechanics or Theoretical Physics or Astrophysics, which depends on availability of courses and if there is work in that field.

So I would really appreciate any advice of what university is the best in such fields. I would also appreciate it if you can describe how you solved this problem yourself from where you come from (what university is the best for my/your subject).
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Can someone please give advice. If you have been to one of these Universities, please give me your general views regarding that specific University. If you are not from South Africa, please give me any general advice to selecting a University and what to look out for.

Thanks