1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Schools Best university in South Africa for physics?

1. Sep 7, 2009 #1
    What is the best university in South Africa for studying physics.

I know that it depends on what research and courses in physics the university offers.

I have narrowed down some universities:
    1. University of Stellenbosch (Maties) http://www.sun.ac.za" [Broken]

The field I really would like to go in is Quantum mechanics or Theoretical Physics or Astrophysics, which depends on availability of courses and if there is work in that field.

So I would really appreciate any advice of what university is the best in such fields. I would also appreciate it if you can describe how you solved this problem yourself from where you come from (what university is the best for my/your subject).

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 11, 2009 #2
    Can someone please give advice. If you have been to one of these Universities, please give me your general views regarding that specific University. If you are not from South Africa, please give me any general advice to selecting a University and what to look out for.

Thanks

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook