1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Schools Best university for UG degree in physics with low fees and low cost of living

1. Oct 8, 2011 #1
    Which is the best university for undergraduate degree in physics with low fees and low cost of living?

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 8, 2011 #2

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

United States Naval Academy.

4. Oct 8, 2011 #3
    Or if one doesn't want to participate in an immoral organization designed to inflict death on other humans, I'd say the best low cost university is any school at which you can get a full scholarship and which has a fair amount of research activity. State schools are good for this.

5. Oct 15, 2011 #4
    anything in europe ? which offers english courses in physics?

6. Oct 16, 2011 #5
    Suitable country (EU) for study

I have decided to study BSc physics outside my country (India). I can finance up to 3000-3300 euros per year (including tuition fees, cost of living). Also the only European language I am comfortable with is English so if medium of instruction is English then it is much better, but I can study other language if needed. So which will be the best suitable country or university according to my need (in EU) ?

7. Oct 16, 2011 #6
    Re: Suitable country (EU) for study

Try getting into IIT.

8. Oct 16, 2011 #7

@sodaboy7: A simple google search on the European Universities will provide you the relevant answers on what you are looking for. http://www.webometrics.info/top500_europe.asp [Broken]

Don't expect the forum members to do the spoon-feeding for you. If you have any specific questions regarding a certain university, someone over here might help you.

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2017
  9. Oct 16, 2011 #8

Universitat Leipzig.

10. Oct 16, 2011 #9

That sort of money isn't enough to live/study anywhere in Europe, even the cheapest of locations. I doubt you would get through customs at the airport with that much on a student visa.

11. Oct 16, 2011 #10
    Really didn't have to make two different threads.

12. Oct 16, 2011 #11

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

I did the best I could to merge and clean up the two threads.

The reason I answered USNA was to try and make it clear that any specific answer to such a general question is worthless. But your response was to give us one only more bit of information. Parceling out the details of your question a tiny bit at a time is going to get you your answer slowly, provided the people who could answer it don't give up in frustration first.

Most students ready for college have the critical thinking skills to figure this out. Also, most students who want to go to a college where the language of instruction is English can comprehend the PF Rules on multiple posting. Are you sure you're ready for this? It might not be a bad idea to invest a year developing these skills before leaving the country to go to college.

13. Oct 16, 2011 #12
    I posted two threads to make my views clearer, but I had no intention of violating PF rules.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook