1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Schools Best university for theoretical physics

1. Jun 15, 2009 #1

MWH

As I think this would be the right place to ask, I'd like to know what's the best university on earth that teaches (theoretical) physics and mathematics, which I both want to study, because I want to become a theoretical physicist. What would be the minimum requirements (also diplomas) to be permitted there? And what English diploma should I have to be permitted there, as English isn't my primary language?

Either, is there a way I can obtain an IB if I don't attend an IB world school?

Thanks in advance,

Martijn

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 15, 2009 #2

diazona

Homework Helper

There isn't just one, unequivocal best - there are a whole list of really good ones, specializing in various areas of physics. Plus, it depends on whether you're interested in undergraduate education or graduate school (I'm guessing the former since you're talking about IB?)

4. Jun 15, 2009 #3

MWH

Undergraduate education yes, I'm still in high school. So do you know a list of really good ones, specializing in theoretical physics?

5. Jun 15, 2009 #4
  6. Jun 15, 2009 #5

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Picking a school purely by its academic ranking is a certain path to misery. There are so many other more important factors...

- Warren

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook