Best VLSI Grad Schools: Find Your Fit for MSEE

  • Topic: Schools 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Maxwell
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Grad Schools Vlsi
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 6K views
Maxwell
Messages
511
Reaction score
0
What are the best grad schools for VLSI design? What about decent grad schools? I have almost completed my BSEE, and I'm looking to apply for an MSEE. I'm not really interested in going into academia, so I'm not going to be applying to super-brand name schools.

Is there a ranking system for EE grad schools that breaks the ratings into specific sub-fields of EE?

Thanks.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
The best schools for electrical engineering are, in fact, the "super-brand name schools." On the other hand, you'll also receive an excellent education at many lesser-known state schools.

- Warren
 
Do you happen to know any with a particularly good VLSI program? I went to take a look at Penn State, but it seems their focus is strong in other areas besides VLSI.

I was thinking U of Maryland or UTexas, perhaps.