1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Best way to graphically draw vectors for lab report?

1. Oct 12, 2011 #1
    Best way to graphically draw vectors for lab report??

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

I've been feverishly trying to get my vectors drawn professionally for my lab report. The idea is that I need to find out the vector addition of two vectors graphically. The whole lab report is expected to be as professionally presentable as possible.

I've been trying to use word 2010 but it is extremely inefficient, cumbersome, and relatively inaccurate. Please help there has to be a better way.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 12, 2011 #2
    Re: Best way to graphically draw vectors for lab report??

I had to do this a few weeks ago. I just used a ruler and graph paper and it worked just fine.

I do not know the "best" way.

4. Oct 12, 2011 #3

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Can you use Visio? You can use the x & y rulers to know where the endpoints should be for the arrows. You can even draw your own coordinate axes...

5. Oct 12, 2011 #4

No, I'm talking about recreating it professionall via computer.

Thank you, I just downloaded it. Free trial though is only 7 days and I don't have the revenue to simply buy it. Any other programs? There must be other programs that people use for their research papers such as for arxiv?

Edit: Looking for something else.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2011
  6. Oct 12, 2011 #5

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

7. Oct 12, 2011 #6

Thanks, but doesn't anyone here draw diagrams on programs that they can direct me to? I don't want to go through trial and error, I've spent too much time on this lab report already. I just downloaded one of them, hopefully it will prove useful.

And visio is much more directed torwards diagrams and architecture.. its not really working for accurate drawings of vectors because the program implicity assumes a bunch of stuff that keeps messing with the vectors.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook