1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Bezout identity corollary generalization

1. Nov 2, 2014 #1
    • OP warned about not including an attempt at a solution
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    Hi,
    I have been trying to prove one of the corollaries of the Bezout's Identity in the general form.Unfortunately,I can't figure it out by myself.I hope someone could solve the problem.

If A1,.........,Ar are all factors of m and (Ai,Aj) = 1 for all i =/= j,then A1A2.......Ar is a factor of m

The writer is asking for a proof using MI on the number of pairs (and associativity to write a product of several intergers as a product of 2 integers, e.g. abcd = (abc)d.However,I am welcome to any different ways of approach.

2. Relevant equations

Bezout's identity

ax + by = 1

3. The attempt at a solution
    I really have no idea on this,and my work was a mess,so I am not going to post it.

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 2, 2014 #2

RUber

Homework Helper

What have you already tried and where did it break down?

I would start by assuming you only have A1.
    m/A1 = X1.
    If there is a factor of X1, call it A2, that has the property (A1, A2) = 1, then x*A2=X1, so A1*A2*x = A1*X1 = m.
    Build from there.

If at any point your X becomes 1, you have a full set of factors.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted