Many people have plenty of opinions about subjects they have never even studied and know nothing about. Are you suggesting that anything that sounds "wise" should be taken as wisdom?
? How does that apply? Wisdom is not something one has to learn to recognize. One just needs to learn how to use brain, Ivan. [but let's not go into that, I would like to stick to the point of my initial response].
What is your focus of study?
I do not let school interfere with my education. But if you need to know, I am studying remote sensing, RT, and retrieval theory. I have direct working knowledge of QMT and RT. But as I said, that’s nothing to judge me by or for that matter any person. I am sorry you had to ask. If you need my resume let me know…. [please, let us not to be distracted by this].
I too enjoyed Bohm, but that doesn't mean that we have another option.
Great, but just because you don’t know about them, or never cared to explore new one, does not mean that there are none.
There are indeed very interesting ways of doing science which are NOT EXCLUSIVE to what we do already.
You are making a claim without citing an example. What other option?
I don’t want to make it too simple because you and other ppl do not have this way of thinking. The relevant literature which would go justice to this way of science is :
Bohm: wholeness and implicate order
Burtt,A: The metaphysical foundation of modern science
Gurwitsch, aron: Galilean physics in the light of Husserl’s Phenomenology
Heidegger, . M: Being and Time
Bortof: A non-reductionist perspective for QM
Brown: Laws of Form
Steiner Rudolf: Goethe the Scientist
Nisbeth: Goethe and the scientific tradition
Most importantly one book that puts these and many others in perspective:
Bortoft: the wholeness of nature. [should also serve as intro for those interested into this topic]
To say, phenomenology is too simple of word to describe what I am talking about and I don’t want to write paper here. My point in this thread is that there EXIST other ways of doing science.
Seeing/observing is not simply a visual experience. There is no pure “what” which is seen by a pure “spectator”. i.e. detached observer who merely registers a “what” through the senses. Observation is more than sense experience: is depends on the way we ‘see’. This, however, does not make it into something purely SUBJECTIVE unless we insist on putting it into Cartesian framework (in which today’s science works) of subject-object dualism. I do not have to point out the scientific and philosophical problems that arise from this ‘seeing’ I hope. Basically, the whole difficulty of studying of this approach is how to suspend this attitude to be free to explore ‘seeing’ without the pre-supposition of this false dualism. (relevant lit: Husserl)
What is seen is and How it is seen are ALWAYS correlated.
I hear a lot of rhetoric but no answers. And whereas I'm asking for proof of a positive, you are asking for proof of a negative, which as a Ph.D. student you should know is impossible.
NO rhetorics, Ivan. Those are summed up point in my words which are acknowledge by ppl. (scientists and philosophers and teacher).
That statement is ludicrous. Obviously the question is not from where wisdom comes, it is about the accuracy of the statement. Perhaps you should consider your sources of wisdom more carefully.
Nevermind, not relevant here to explain.
Im not forcing you into anything. If you feel like not to being engaged in this, don’t be. Otherwise, i was suggesting if you know what that picture is, ask someone who does not know and let him explain it. Observe the difference in explanation. IF you do not see further than what i just wrote , nevermind it for now.
To me, this statement suggests a fundamental lack of understanding of the subject. How exactly do measurements of altered trajectories relate to visual perception?
The point is that person, not knowing, those are trajectories will not see particle trajectories from bubble chamber but will invent his/her own explanation supported by theory that will fit that explanation.
Ivan, if I am idiot to you, just tell me and its over. But don't insult me with your i-dont-know-let-me-put-slick-comments-instead. NO, hurt feelings.
If you know university which has PH.D program which will allow me to get my degree in re-visiting ontological assumptions in fundamental physics let me know, please. I learned that today's science is not interested in undestanding itself [i could get one in philosophy but the point is that physics is not interested, which is to say not interested in itself]. Some of the blind-allyes we find some of our science in are due to fact that little ppl know what science is. Without this knowledge it is easy to reduce great way of science into Scientism and knowledge ceases to be such and becomes idol. When this happens science-education becomes pseudo-education in idolatry.
sneez