Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Birgit Dopfer's Thesis in English, Please?

1. May 12, 2015 #1
    Can anyone direct me to an online English translation of Birgit Dopfer's Phd Thesis?

Dopfer, Birgit (1998). Zwei Experimente zur Interferenz von Zwei-Photonen Zusẗanden (PhD Thesis) (PDF). Univ. Innsbruck.

Thanks,
    S T

Note to Moderators:
    I am posting a new question rather than adding it to existing threads, because the system says I have insufficient privileges to do that.

2. jcsd
  3. May 12, 2015 #2

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

What makes you think such a document even exists? That might help track it down.

4. May 12, 2015 #3
    True. You have a point there. I should have said, is there a synopsis / summary /detailed discussion of the the key experiments reported in the thesis, so that one can get all the important concepts and information without having to read the German version.

S T

5. May 17, 2015 #4

vanhees71

Science Advisor
    2016 Award

It seems as if this is a publication related to the topic of the thesis:

Brillouin scattering and dynamical diffraction of entangled photon pairs
    Birgit Dopfer, Paul G. Kwiat, Harald Weinfurter, Anton Zeilinger, and Michael A. Horne
    Phys. Rev. A 52, R2531(R) – Published 1 October 1995
    http://dx.doi.org/10.1103/PhysRevA.52.R2531

6. May 18, 2015 #5
    Thank you, I had a look at the abstract and I will track down a copy of the full paper. Thanks.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook