Birthday getaway at Heceta Head lighthouse keeper house B&B

  • Thread starter Thread starter Integral
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Head
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
12 replies · 3K views
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Messages
7,232
Reaction score
66
1 Dec is [itex]\frac {dy} {dx}[/itex] birthday so we spend the night before at a B&B on the Oregon coast.

This was view from our window:

http://home.comcast.net/~integral50/hecetaHead/HPIM0326a.JPG

here is a bad pic of the B&B. It is in the Heceta Head lighthouse Keepers house.

http://home.comcast.net/~integral50/hecetaHead/HL010297-Pa1.JPG

This is the Cape Creek bridge form the B&B.

http://home.comcast.net/~integral50/hecetaHead/HPIM3313a.JPG

The B&B garden.
http://home.comcast.net/~integral50/hecetaHead/HPIM3326a.JPG


Lighthouse
http://home.comcast.net/~integral50/hecetaHead/HPIM3329a.JPG


Keeper House from the lighthouse.

http://home.comcast.net/~integral50/hecetaHead/HPIM3338a.JPG[/URL] [/PLAIN]

The Fresnel lens
http://home.comcast.net/~integral50/hecetaHead/HPIM3340a.JPG[/URL] [/PLAIN]

The birthday girls, the older lady was celebrating her 80th birthday.
with a stay at the B&B
http://home.comcast.net/~integral50/hecetaHead/HR060379a.JPG[/URL] [/PLAIN]

I had only one minor complaint about the day. I was hoping for bit of a storm, instead we has absolulty beautiful weather with not a breath of wind blowing.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Great pictures: I love the Oregon coastline. The storm surges make it even more spectacular.

My daughter lives in Portland (a starving social worker), she is getting married on the 16th. I am going to drive up on I-5, and then come back down on 101.
 
Very odd. About half the time I can see the pictures, but even after a refresh and clearing the temp files, other times I can't.
 
Beautiful pictures! Now I'm depressed, no one takes me anywhere. :frown:

Ivan, that happened to me at first, I'm glad you mentioned it, I thought it was just me.
 
Just now I can't them again. I could during my last post, but after a page change and coming back, they're gone.

At first I thought it was just me as well. I even called Integral and asked why he's posting captions without pictures.
 
Come on out to Oregon Evo. We can all break out the NyQuil and have a beach party!
 
Ivan Seeking said:
Come on out to Oregon Evo. We can all break out the NyQuil and have a beach party!
WOOT! I'll bring the near beer! :-p
 
Beautiful pictures, Integral! What a nice way to spend a birthday.

Happy Birthday, Derivative! :approve:
 
Those are great photos, what a lovely way to spend a birthday!
 
Oh man. Your pictures make me homesick. I love the sun and the sky here in Arizona, but I sure miss the green and the beautiful sea. Thanks.
 
That bridge is one of my work projects. We are running an experimental cathodic protection system.