Blah ack fshguzhump eh? = my favorite type of fish

  • Thread starter Thread starter likewhaaa
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Type
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
15 replies · 7K views
likewhaaa
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
That's me-speak for "hello I'm new, pleased to meet you all". You see, I speak in tongues just because (yeah, just because!) and then I have to translate it. So, hello!

And my favorite type of fish is...well it depends. Do you mean for eating or for competitive racing (come on, don't tell me no-one in the whole wide world has ever not thought of racing their fish, surely?!) or simply keeping in a pond?

That is all, for this precise moment... watch this spaaaaaaace for more general madness though; I assure you it's way more fun that watching paint dry.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
likewhaaa said:
Do you mean for eating or for competitive racing (come on, don't tell me no-one in the whole wide world has ever not thought of racing their fish, surely?!) or simply keeping in a pond?

Whichever you like. :biggrin:
 
I would refer to this mini-documentary on which fish to choose x)

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Ivan92 said:
I would refer to this mini-documentary on which fish to choose x)



You're an evil, evil person :frown:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the forum likewhaaa :)

Sooooo, what's your fish? :biggrin:
 
Ivan92 said:
I would refer to this mini-documentary on which fish to choose x)




I didn't come here to be Rickrolled :cry:

:cry:

:cry:

:cry:


My fish?

For purely aesthetic reasons, of course, these 3:


monkfish (it likes dentists...deliberate ambiguity here)

monkfish.bmp.jpg



anglerfish (talk about an underbite!)

[PLAIN]http://cdn.webecoist.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/deepsea-glowing-angler-fish.jpg


blobfish (now that's just silly)

[URL]http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01565/blobfish_1565953c.jpg[/URL]
 
Last edited by a moderator:
In it's defense, this is what it looks like "in" the water.
pez-blobfish.jpg

They don't have crazy looking sad-human characteristics and big noses.
 
...*hands the fish slap ceremony to whoever comes next*
 
Rickrolled and now fishslapped :cry:
(well, I didn't HAVE to reply...damn masochistic tendencies )
 
Yup, I know this is 3 months dead now, but I couldn't resist updating because over the last few days happenstance has enlightened to further wonders of marine life that I previously never knew existed, which I thought folks here at physicsforums may find interesting:

I give you:

the cookie cutter shark
http://www.realmonstrosities.com/2011/12/cookiecutter-shark.html
cookiecutter_teeth.jpg

isistius_brasiliensis.jpg



I'm not going to say what I think it looks like. Suffice it to say it would be a male version of the movie 'Teeth'. I am female. I am allowed to make these crude observations.


Anyway, this is now on my list of favorite fish. Never mind that sharks are technically mammals. I don't care. I likes it and I wants it on my favorite fish list. So there.
 
Ivan92 said:
I would refer to this mini-documentary on which fish to choose x)



I got my government protecting me for once.

YVS1oz6.png
 
Last edited by a moderator:
likewhaaa said:
Yup, I know this is 3 months dead now, but I couldn't resist updating because over the last few days happenstance has enlightened to further wonders of marine life that I previously never knew existed, which I thought folks here at physicsforums may find interesting:

I give you:

the cookie cutter shark
http://www.realmonstrosities.com/2011/12/cookiecutter-shark.html
cookiecutter_teeth.jpg

isistius_brasiliensis.jpg
I'm not going to say what I think it looks like. Suffice it to say it would be a male version of the movie 'Teeth'. I am female. I am allowed to make these crude observations.Anyway, this is now on my list of favorite fish. Never mind that sharks are technically mammals. I don't care. I likes it and I wants it on my favorite fish list. So there.

Talk about bumps...Anyway sharks are fishes.
EDIT: Belated fishslap to likewhaa with a cookie-cutter shark