Book on waves and tides (oceanic)

In summary, after searching the internet for books to prepare for the IESO selection camp, I found a link to a website that listed reading materials. The last book on the list, titled "Waves and Tides," caught my attention, but unfortunately, only two sample pages were provided and there was no information on the author or full title. However, further research led me to the book "Waves, Tides, and Shallow-water Processes" by John Wright, Angela Colling, and Dave Park, which seems to be an exact match. The book was most likely found through a search engine, and it is unclear whether the person asking for help has read it as part of a course or not.
Tahmeed
I needed some books for preparing for IESO selection camp and i searched net and found this link:
https://www.sites.google.com/site/ineso555/reading-materials
The last books on the list titled as wavesandtides is the one i am looking for. Sadly, they have only given two sample pages of the book(i loved that part). And there is no clue on the real name of the book and the author's name as well.

Can you help telling me what book this is?

Physics news on Phys.org
D H said:
Waves, Tides, and Shallow-water Processes by John Wright, Angela Colling, and Dave Park looks like an exact match.
https://books.google.com/books?id=vrUpJeDKUgEC
Just outta curiosity How did you find this book? You bought it to see whether it matches(impossible) or have already read it as a part of a course?

Tahmeed said:
Just outta curiosity How did you find this book? You bought it to see whether it matches(impossible) or have already read it as a part of a course?
Google-fu.

1. What is the difference between waves and tides?

Waves are created by the wind and are caused by the movement of energy through the water. Tides, on the other hand, are caused by the gravitational pull of the moon and the sun on the Earth's oceans.

2. How are waves and tides measured?

Waves are typically measured by their height, length, and speed. Tides are measured by their height and the time between high and low tides.

3. What factors affect the size and strength of waves?

The size and strength of waves are affected by wind speed, wind duration, and the distance over which the wind blows. The shape and depth of the seafloor also play a role in wave size and strength.

4. How do tides impact marine life and ecosystems?

Tides can impact marine life and ecosystems by creating changes in water temperature, salinity, and nutrient levels. They also affect the movement and behavior of marine animals and can expose or cover certain areas of the seafloor.

5. What is the role of waves and tides in coastal erosion?

Waves and tides play a significant role in coastal erosion. Waves can erode the shoreline by breaking down and carrying away sediment, while tides can cause changes in sea level that can contribute to erosion.