1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Solid State Books: Weyl semimetals, Topological Insulators

1. Nov 7, 2017 #1
    Hello!
    What are some good sources(preferably textbooks) to learn about Weyl semimetals?
    I also want some sources to learn about topological insulators and anything containing the Integer Quantum Hall effect would be great.
    As an aside, if you have any good book on theoretical condensed matter physics I would also appreciate it!
    Thanks in advance.

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 7, 2017 #2
    Are you not asking books on some separate topics together? I think it will be better if you differentiate each topic into a separate thread. For example, topology and Weyl semimetalls can make two different threads.

4. Nov 7, 2017 #3
    Sure. Will do so shortly. Thanks!

5. Nov 7, 2017 #4
    On which topic in topology ? Differential/Set-point/Algebraic.

6. Nov 8, 2017 #5
    Seriously I have no idea on topology (if that question was directed towards me o_O). I just asked OP to separate out the topics.

7. Nov 8, 2017 #6
    I have separated the questions!
    If you have any suggestion on any of them, feel welcome to share it.
    Thank you!

8. Nov 8, 2017 #7

Great :smile:

I'll now call upon the mentors to lock this thread as each question has been separated.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook