Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Buck with pid microcontroller in matlab environment

1. Feb 5, 2008 #1
    please anyone help me with my final year project...esspcially about the modelling of the PID microcontroller ,how to design it...plus how "matlabing"

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 5, 2008 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

What are you doing to learn more about PID control loops? What learning resources are you using? What microcontroller are you going to be working with? What clock rate and hardware resources are you planning on using? How long have you been using Matlab, and what are you doing to learn more about it?

You will need to do the bulk of the work on your own. You are welcome to ask specific questions here after you have done your homework. Welcome to the PF!

4. Feb 5, 2008 #3
    i already study the basic of PID. the problem is ,how to design the PID microcontroller from my buck converter cct..? where or what i must begin with..? i totally lost here

5. Feb 5, 2008 #4

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Your question is confusing. A PID control loop is different from a buck DC-DC converter control loop. Or are you saying that you want to control a DC-DC converter with a microcontroller running a PID program? That's going to have to be one FAST uC, or else one slowly responding DC-DC....

What are the specs of what you are trying to achieve?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?