Buck with pid microcontroller in matlab environment

In summary, the conversation discusses a request for help with a final year project involving the modelling and design of a PID microcontroller, specifically for a buck converter circuit. The person is also seeking advice on learning resources for PID control loops and how to use Matlab. The conversation also addresses the confusion between a PID control loop and a buck DC-DC converter control loop and asks for clarification on the project's specifications.
mfub
please anyone help me with my final year project...esspcially about the modelling of the PID microcontroller ,how to design it...plus how "matlabing"

Physics news on Phys.org
What are you doing to learn more about PID control loops? What learning resources are you using? What microcontroller are you going to be working with? What clock rate and hardware resources are you planning on using? How long have you been using Matlab, and what are you doing to learn more about it?

You will need to do the bulk of the work on your own. You are welcome to ask specific questions here after you have done your homework. Welcome to the PF!

i already study the basic of PID. the problem is ,how to design the PID microcontroller from my buck converter cct..? where or what i must begin with..? i totally lost here

mfub said:
i already study the basic of PID. the problem is ,how to design the PID microcontroller from my buck converter cct..? where or what i must begin with..? i totally lost here

Your question is confusing. A PID control loop is different from a buck DC-DC converter control loop. Or are you saying that you want to control a DC-DC converter with a microcontroller running a PID program? That's going to have to be one FAST uC, or else one slowly responding DC-DC...

What are the specs of what you are trying to achieve?

1. What is a "Buck with pid microcontroller"?

A Buck with PID microcontroller is a type of electronic circuit that uses a Proportional-Integral-Derivative (PID) controller to regulate the output voltage of a Buck converter. This type of circuit is commonly used in power supplies to convert a higher input voltage to a lower output voltage.

2. How does a Buck with pid microcontroller work?

A Buck with PID microcontroller works by continuously monitoring the output voltage and adjusting the duty cycle of the Buck converter to maintain a stable output voltage. The PID controller uses feedback from the output voltage to calculate the appropriate duty cycle, which is then sent to the microcontroller to control the switching of the Buck converter.

3. What is the advantage of using a Buck with pid microcontroller?

The main advantage of using a Buck with PID microcontroller is that it provides a more precise and stable output voltage compared to traditional Buck converters. The PID controller allows for faster response and better regulation, making it ideal for applications that require a consistent output voltage.

4. Can a Buck with pid microcontroller be programmed using MATLAB?

Yes, a Buck with PID microcontroller can be programmed using MATLAB in an appropriate environment. MATLAB provides a variety of tools and functions for designing and simulating control systems, making it a popular choice for programming microcontrollers.

5. What are some common applications of a Buck with pid microcontroller?

Buck with PID microcontrollers are commonly used in power supplies for electronic devices, such as computers, televisions, and mobile phones. They are also used in renewable energy systems, motor control, and other applications that require precise voltage regulation.