Business masters' with a ridiculously stupid question

In summary, the conversation discusses the concept of distance and its relationship to the speed of light and the presence of dark matter in space. The speaker, who has limited knowledge in math and physics, questions the idea of distance as a measurement of a fixed medium and wonders if a true vacuum exists. They ask for clarification on the speed of light and its predictability in a pure vacuum. Ultimately, the speaker admits their lack of understanding and asks for further explanation.
Cantshowmywork
Please don't destroy me I'm utterly out of my league. Totally admit it. Never took a math class beyond college algebra (a proud, passing C) and no physics not even 101. Yes I suck.

Ok so just intuiting but isn't distance always going to be a subjective measurement of space between objects...including the famous e=mc^2...light ALWAYS travels through a medium, space isn't a vacuum. I can slow the speed of light by blocking it; space is chuck full of crap we can't see (dark matter and such). So if light travels through 70% dark matter at x speed, 68% dark matter would make it speed up right so what is the real measurement? And what is a vacuum anyway? No space at all? So is Distance just the measurement of something traveling through a fixed medium? The space between things is therefore a measurement of what literally lies in the way of a beam of light? Take that out and you got what? Nothing, right? That's a true vacuum? Without anything truly lying in the way of light there really isn't such a thing as distance?
Seriously I don't know. And none of my idiot non physics friends here know either. So please take us mensch out of our misery and just tell me. us the 'speed of light' something that is more of a 'moving target'?

Physics news on Phys.org
It's not clear from reading this what you are asking us and what you are telling us. I suggest you try again, only asking.

What is a business master's degree?

A business master's degree is an advanced academic degree that focuses on business-related topics such as management, finance, marketing, and entrepreneurship. It is typically pursued after completing a bachelor's degree and can lead to career advancement and higher salaries in the business field.

How long does it take to complete a business master's degree?

The duration of a business master's degree can vary depending on the program and the student's schedule. On average, it takes 1-2 years to complete a full-time program and 2-4 years to complete a part-time program.

What are the benefits of obtaining a business master's degree?

Some potential benefits of obtaining a business master's degree include gaining advanced knowledge and skills in the business field, increasing job opportunities and career advancement potential, and potentially earning a higher salary.

Is a business master's degree required for success in the business world?

No, a business master's degree is not a requirement for success in the business world. Many successful business professionals have achieved success without a master's degree. However, a business master's degree can provide valuable knowledge and skills that may contribute to one's success in the business world.

What is the difference between a Master of Business Administration (MBA) and other business master's degrees?

An MBA is a specific type of business master's degree that focuses on general business management. Other business master's degrees may have a more specialized focus, such as finance, marketing, or entrepreneurship. Additionally, an MBA may be more widely recognized and have a larger alumni network than other business master's degrees.