Buy Ferris Bueller's Home for 1.65M - Hurry!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Home
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
16 replies · 4K views
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Messages
8,252
Reaction score
2,666
The Ferris-Bueller home is for sale, and at a very good price. Since it's near Chicago, I thought we should talk Zapper into buying it and making it the official PF house. :biggrin:

article-1344337-0CA776EF000005DC-466_634x414.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1344337/Ferris-Bueller-home-goes-sale-1-65m.html

It's down from 2.3 million [below], to 1.65 million [above], so if you're interested, you had better move fast.
http://www.coolhunting.com/archives/2009/05/ferris_buellers.php
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Yes! That is beautiful. One can park one's car below. Is that earthquake country? :biggrin:
 
My first babysitting job New Years Eve was in a house like that. The father of the child was a PhD engineer the mommy a teacher. You would think some brains? I think they call em cliff hangers in CA were I was. I kept the child in the den with me near the front door the only part of the house on solid ground and only hope for escape in the event of a 1.0.
 
Lacy33 said:
Yes! That is beautiful. One can park one's car below.
Yeah but your dad'll kill you. :biggrin:
 
DaveC426913 said:
Yeah but your dad'll kill you. :biggrin:

He tried that. Now he's dead and I'm looking at homes for zaaaperz. Thank you.
 
Lacy33 said:
He tried that. Now he's dead and I'm looking at homes for zaaaperz. Thank you.
There's a buzzkill.

It was a Ferris Bueller reference.
 
Evo said:
A glass box on stilts?

I think there's a room inside that glass box.

I would buy it if the area was safe, .. and I had money. It looks quite peaceful and beautiful
 
Ivan Seeking said:
The Ferris-Bueller home is for sale, and at a very good price. Since it's near Chicago, I thought we should talk Zapper into buying it and making it the official PF house. :biggrin:

I hope it doesn't have any neighbors, or they would complain about seeing me walking naked in the house!

:)

Zz.
 
Wow that is a lovely garage! Where is the house?
 
ZapperZ said:
I hope it doesn't have any neighbors, or they would complain about seeing me walking naked in the house!

:)

Zz.
Oh! How much for the house next door? :-p
 
ZapperZ said:
I hope it doesn't have any neighbors, or they would complain about seeing me walking naked in the house!

:)

Zz.
Just tell the cops that you are "stimulating" your orchids! That should clear everything up.
 
ZapperZ said:
I hope it doesn't have any neighbors, or they would complain about seeing me walking naked in the house!

:)

Zz.

Looks pretty wide open there. Don't think you would have to worry about neighbors, crooks, cops, Minny Mouse, Daisey Duck, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, wild animals, ... only is it near the Village? :eek:
 
Pengwuino said:
Wow that is a lovely garage! Where is the house?

They tried it as a garage for a Ferrari, but that didn't work out.
 
Ivan Seeking said:
They tried it as a garage for a Ferrari, but that didn't work out.

So they did use this house as the garage for the movie.
When making the movie "IQ" about Einstein, They wanted to use Einstein's actual house but the celing was too low so they used the one next door. (Princeton)
 
Lacy33 said:
So they did use this house as the garage for the movie.
When making the movie "IQ" about Einstein, They wanted to use Einstein's actual house but the celing was too low so they used the one next door. (Princeton)

Yes, this is where the Ferrari crashed though the window, but I don't think it was supposed to be a garage. IIRC, part of the joke was that it was so precious to the kid's dad, it was kept in the house.
 
Ivan Seeking said:
Yes, this is where the Ferrari crashed though the window, but I don't think it was supposed to be a garage. IIRC, part of the joke was that it was so precious to the kid's dad, it was kept in the house.

OH! I get it.
That was one of the funniest scenes I have ever had nearly kill me. :smile: