1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

C++ question awesome question challenging too

1. Aug 30, 2011 #1
    C++ question...awesome question....challenging too !!!

How to write the c++ code for this sorta question....i couldnt get the logic even.....

to print the factors of a number given by the user in a pyramid pattern...like if 4 is the number given by the user...its factors are 1,2,4...the we hv to print that in the format i hv provided in the attachment.....

I hv attached a file to show how the output must look like....plez help !!!

Attempt to the solution :
    To print stars in a pyramid format i could frame the code for printing 1 22 333..but couldnt for this question.....

Code (Text):

#include <iostream>
    using namespace std;

int main() {

// Loop through each row of the pyramid (1 - 9)
        for (int i = 1; i <= 9; i++) {

// Create lead periods
            int totalperiods = 10 - i;
            for (int leadperiod = 1; leadperiod <= totalperiods; leadperiod++) {
                cout << ".";
            }

// Now for each row, print that many numbers with a space in between
            // Spaces are needed in between due to the monospaced formatting.
            // A space takes the same width as a number so to stagger you need placeholders.

for (int j = 0; j < i; j++) {
                cout << " " << i;
            }

// End pyramid line
            cout << endl;
        }

return 0;
    }

and by the way..is this correct....???...and ple help for the code i hv given....

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2011
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 30, 2011 #2

Mark44

Staff: Mentor

Re: C++ question...awesome question....challenging too !!!

Please do not use textspeak when posting here at Physics Forums. Do not use "hv" for have, "plz" for please, and so on.

I don't understand what you're trying to do. The attached file shows a pyramid with numbers in it, but your code is just printing periods and spaces.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook