Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Homework Help: C++ question awesome question challenging too

1. Aug 30, 2011 #1
    C++ question...awesome question....challenging too !!!

How to write the c++ code for this sorta question....i couldnt get the logic even.....

to print the factors of a number given by the user in a pyramid pattern...like if 4 is the number given by the user...its factors are 1,2,4...the we hv to print that in the format i hv provided in the attachment.....

I hv attached a file to show how the output must look like....plez help !!!

Attempt to the solution :
    To print stars in a pyramid format i could frame the code for printing 1 22 333..but couldnt for this question.....

Code (Text):

#include <iostream>
    using namespace std;

int main() {

// Loop through each row of the pyramid (1 - 9)
        for (int i = 1; i <= 9; i++) {

// Create lead periods
            int totalperiods = 10 - i;
            for (int leadperiod = 1; leadperiod <= totalperiods; leadperiod++) {
                cout << ".";
            }

// Now for each row, print that many numbers with a space in between
            // Spaces are needed in between due to the monospaced formatting.
            // A space takes the same width as a number so to stagger you need placeholders.

for (int j = 0; j < i; j++) {
                cout << " " << i;
            }

// End pyramid line
            cout << endl;
        }

return 0;
    }

and by the way..is this correct....???...and ple help for the code i hv given....

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2011
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 30, 2011 #2

Mark44

Staff: Mentor

Re: C++ question...awesome question....challenging too !!!

Please do not use textspeak when posting here at Physics Forums. Do not use "hv" for have, "plz" for please, and so on.

I don't understand what you're trying to do. The attached file shows a pyramid with numbers in it, but your code is just printing periods and spaces.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook