Calculate Length of Transmitting Antenna for 1.8 GHz Frequency

  • Thread starter Thread starter XodoX
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Antenna
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 3K views
XodoX
Messages
195
Reaction score
0
Hello, I got the following problem.

1. Assuming that your cell-phone antenna acts like a monopole, how long should it be if the
cell phone operates at a frequency of 1.8 GHz? (Note: 1 GHz = 1000 MHz =
1,000,000,000 Hz.)




2. λ= c/f



f would 1/T, T being the Hz. But that would be 0,0000000001

Then, c is always the same value, right? Which would be c = 2.99792458 × 108 [m/s].

I can't get the result. It's supposed to be about 4 cm:confused:
 
Physics news on Phys.org
XodoX said:
Then, c is always the same value, right? Which would be c = 2.99792458 × 108 [m/s].

I can't get the result. It's supposed to be about 4 cm:confused:

Hello XodoX! :smile:

Convert c to cm/s :wink: