Calculate Number of Solute Molecules in 30mM Solution in 100nm Sphere

  • Thread starter Thread starter towerette
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Concentration
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 2K views
towerette
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Suppose i have a spherical volume of 100nm with a solution 30mM.
How many solute molecules it corresponds to?

My answer is about 6400...is that correct?
im just not sure i did some conversion correctly...

Thanks
Alfio
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Sorry for not being clear, 100nm is the radius.
N = 6400 is the number of solute particles I get
from the formula c = N/(N_A*V), just wanted to know
if its right.
c = 30mM

Thanks.
Alfio
 
Formula is OK, but I got different number. Not necesarilly correctly.

--
methods
 
I did the calculation again, i got around 75000 molecules, right?
Well..it seems I'm playing dices...


Alfio