Calculate the value of Kc for the dissociation reaction

In summary, the dissociation reaction is a chemical reaction that breaks down a compound into smaller molecules or ions under certain conditions. Kc, or the equilibrium constant, is calculated by dividing the concentration of products by the concentration of reactants at equilibrium. Kc cannot be negative and a high value indicates that the products are favored at equilibrium. Temperature can affect Kc by changing the rate of the forward and reverse reactions, causing a shift in equilibrium and a different value for Kc.
kittymaniac84
[SOLVED] need help

At 77°C, 2 mols of nitrosyl bromide, NOBr, placed in a 1 liter flask dissociates to
the extent of 9.4%; that is, for each mol of NOBr before reaction, (1.000-0.094) mol
NOBr remains after dissociation. Calculate the value of Kc for the dissociation
reaction. 2NOBr (g) = 2NO (g) + Br2 (g)

Physics news on Phys.org
do your own hw

I did, but i duno about these 4 problems.

I think what GNW is telling you is to follow the form given when asking for help in this forum and please do show some work.

i see

forget it, I don't need the help anymore.

1. What is the dissociation reaction?

The dissociation reaction is a chemical reaction in which a compound breaks down into smaller molecules or ions when exposed to certain conditions, such as heat or a solvent.

2. How is Kc calculated for a dissociation reaction?

Kc, also known as the equilibrium constant, is calculated by dividing the concentration of products by the concentration of reactants at equilibrium. The concentrations must be in units of moles per liter (M).

3. Can Kc be negative?

No, Kc cannot be negative. It is a ratio of concentrations, so it will always be a positive number or zero.

4. What does a high value of Kc indicate?

A high value of Kc indicates that the products are favored at equilibrium, meaning the reaction is proceeding in the forward direction and producing more products than reactants.

5. How does temperature affect Kc?

Temperature can affect Kc by changing the rate of the forward and reverse reactions. An increase in temperature typically favors the endothermic reaction, while a decrease in temperature favors the exothermic reaction. This can cause a shift in equilibrium, resulting in a different value for Kc.