Calculating Real $(x,y,z)$ with System of Equations

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
juantheron
Messages
243
Reaction score
1
Calculation of Real $(x,y,z)$ in

$x[x]+z\{z\}-y\{y\} = 0.16$

$y[y]+x\{x\}-z\{z\} = 0.25$

$z[z]+y\{y\}-x\{x\} = 0.49$

where $[x] = $ Greatest Integer of $x$ and $\{x\} = $ fractional part of x

My try:: Add $(i) + (ii)+(iii)$

$x[x]+y[y]+z[z] = 0.9$

Now I did not Understand How Can I proceed after that,

please Help me

Thanks
 
Mathematics news on Phys.org
jacks said:
Calculation of Real $(x,y,z)$ in

$x[x]+z\{z\}-y\{y\} = 0.16$

$y[y]+x\{x\}-z\{z\} = 0.25$

$z[z]+y\{y\}-x\{x\} = 0.49$

where $[x] = $ Greatest Integer of $x$ and $\{x\} = $ fractional part of x

My try:: Add $(i) + (ii)+(iii)$

$x[x]+y[y]+z[z] = 0.9$

Now I did not Understand How Can I proceed after that,

please Help me

Thanks

Hi jacks! :)

It seems to me that you need to get rid of all those "greatest integer" and "fractional part" thingies.
What draws my attention is that they only occur in conjunction with the same variable.
Perhaps it is useful to consider that $x^2=x([x]+\{x\})=x[x]+x\{x\}$?
You might for instance subtract (iii) from (i) and apply that...