Calculating the Fall Time of a High Diver from 36 m

  • Thread starter Thread starter Stroodle
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Fall Time
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
Stroodle
Messages
26
Reaction score
0
If a high diver plunges from 36m above the water, what is the length of the time interval during which the diver falls through the air? - assume that throughout their dive, the diver is falling vertically from rest with an acceleration of [tex]10\ ms^{-2}[/tex]
I'm not sure how to answer this. I think I'm missing something really basic here.

Thanks for your help.
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Could you list the equation(s) you think are relevant to this problem? Hint: kinematic equations.
 
Oh. I've got it now. [tex]x=\frac{at^2}{2}[/tex]. I missed that one when I looked through my formulas.

Thanks