Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Calculating the outcome of a reaction, how to?

1. Oct 6, 2006 #1
    me and my freind are trying to figure out how to calculate the product(s) of two reactants, is there a way yo knowing what will mix with what? we did a lab im my chemistry class where we mixed certain chemicals one group was all i think nitrates and then the other all something else so it was like Lead III Nitrate and Pottassium Chloride and then we needed to figrue out if a reaction occured if it did we needed to write the product but the teacher said to exclude either nitrate and say pottasium because the didnt react in the equatsion so for example it would have turend out to

Lead III Chloride, so is there a certin way of being able to calculate the out come of the mixing of two chemicals? if there isnt a specific way is there a way i can find out or a website that can help me?

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 6, 2006 #2
  4. Oct 6, 2006 #3

awsome! thansk for the help :biggrin:
  5. Oct 7, 2006 #4

Staff: Mentor

No such thing as lead (III).
  6. Oct 8, 2006 #5
    i was just givng an example but thansk anyways
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?