Calculating Volume and Density: A Wrestler's Underwater Apparent Weight of 80N

  • Thread starter Thread starter megob
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Density Volume
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 10K views
megob
Messages
3
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


A wrestler weights 980N. His apparent weight when fully submerged in water is 80N. Find his volume and density.


Homework Equations


I cannot figure out how to begin this problem.:confused:


The Attempt at a Solution

 
Physics news on Phys.org
Do you know an equation that relates weight, volume and density? And another that relates them while the object is submerged in a liquid?
 
catkin said:
Do you know an equation that relates weight, volume and density? And another that relates them while the object is submerged in a liquid?[/QU

Well, I'm going to say no...This teacher is horrible! The information that is given on the board does not even match up with what is in our book. I'll try and look around for some answers...Thanks!