California had an election last night?

• Thread starter Pengwuino
  • Start date
  • Tags
    california
In summary: We used Diebold machines to count the votes. Diebold machines are notorious for inaccurate voting. :rofl:In summary, the turnout was low due to the preliminary election and the machines used were from Diebold which is notorious for inaccuracy.
Pengwuino
Gold Member

Did you vote?

I worked the election and i didn't even know there was an election last night.

There was a turnout of over ... 150 people in the precinct i worked at :grumpy:. With 980 registrants in our precinct... or well, we received 980 ballots so who knows how many people were actually in the precinct (i think a couple thousand).

Does anyone really know what its like to sit in an un-airconditioned church for 16 hours in june with whole chunks of 30 minutes going by without one voter :grumpy:

Physics news on Phys.org
Pengwuino said:
Did you vote?
Yes, I did. My ballot should arrive in the mail within a week or so. :uhh:

Danger said:
Yes, I did. My ballot should arrive in the mail within a week or so. :uhh:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

We had an election yesterday, but it was a preliminary so I didn't vote.

Bad news from San Diego. :grumpy:

Ivan Seeking said:
After her remarks to the illegal immigrants, Busby had that coming. I'm not as disappointed as I would have been otherwise.

mattmns said:
We had an election yesterday, but it was a preliminary so I didn't vote.
A preliminary? Did you mean 'primary' or were you referring to something like a municipal election?

Why don't you vote in preliminaries?

I've voted in just about every election for many years, but this Cali election was mainly a Democratic primary, and I'm not a democrat at the moment. And the propositions on the ballot looked like they would pretty easily go the way I wanted, so I bailed on this one.

But, I did learn something very interesting from some folks who are now using the Absentee Ballot system exclusively. I was always worried about using an absentee ballot, and having to mail it in early before all the last minute info came out. But now, you can vote on your absentee ballot, seal it in the nifty envelope, and walk right to the head of the line at the polling place (well, for real elections there is always a line) and drop it in the box. No waiting, and no getting there early to get a good place in line.

I'm registering for the Permanent Absentee Ballot thingee soon.

Why does that sound so typically Californian to me? Vote absentee so you can drop the ballot off in person on election day. :rofl:

Gokul43201 said:
A preliminary? Did you mean 'primary' or were you referring to something like a municipal election?

Why don't you vote in preliminaries?
lol, sorry. I meant primary :redface:

berkeman said:
But, I did learn something very interesting from some folks who are now using the Absentee Ballot system exclusively. I was always worried about using an absentee ballot, and having to mail it in early before all the last minute info came out. But now, you can vote on your absentee ballot, seal it in the nifty envelope, and walk right to the head of the line at the polling place (well, for real elections there is always a line) and drop it in the box. No waiting, and no getting there early to get a good place in line

You can even drop it off 200 miles away from your own precinct! Did you know you can also just go to your county election's office and vote at any point up until the polls close? Last election i voted 2 days before the election at the office.

Moonbear said:
Why does that sound so typically Californian to me? Vote absentee so you can drop the ballot off in person on election day. :rofl:

We had about... 50 absentee ballots handed in, 170 ballots cast normally :biggrin:

Ivan Seeking said:

Don't worry, republicans stole this election too. We used diebold machines :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

But really, our county is switching to electronic voting. We used 1 touch-pad machine made by Diebold...and of course, 0 people used it. I realized near the end of hte night that the clerk responsible for the machine had put it way in the back so i don't even think anyone noticed it was there:grumpy: They also had this insane policy that if we got 1 person to use it, 2 more people had to use it :confused: It's a slower process but the main advantage was that they are a thousand times more handicapped-friendly then paper ballot. It had headphones, large screen, everythings explained slowly... SLOWELY :grumpy: ... Oh well. They had told the clerks that they should expect 1 or 2 people in the entire county to want to use it... and yah, that was pretty accurate.

1. What was the outcome of California's election last night?

The results of California's election are still being counted and finalized. However, as of now, it appears that Gavin Newsom has been re-elected as the governor of California.

2. What were the major issues or propositions on the ballot in California?

Some of the major issues and propositions on the ballot in California included the recall of Governor Gavin Newsom, the legalization of sports betting, and an amendment to the state's constitution to allow 17-year-olds to vote in primary elections if they turn 18 by the general election.

3. What is the voter turnout for California's election last night?

As of now, the voter turnout for California's election last night is estimated to be around 60%, which is higher than the previous gubernatorial election in 2018.

4. Did any major political shifts occur in California as a result of the election?

It is still too early to tell if any major political shifts occurred in California as a result of the election. However, with the re-election of Governor Gavin Newsom, it appears that the state's political landscape will remain relatively unchanged.

5. When will the official results of California's election be announced?

The official results of California's election will be announced after all votes have been counted and certified. This process can take a few weeks, so the results may not be finalized until the end of November.