Can a Background in Physics and Math Enhance a Career in Evolutionary Biology?

  • Thread starter Thread starter brpetrucci
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Intro and greeting
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
1 reply · 616 views
brpetrucci
Messages
9
Reaction score
2
How did you find PF?
When I was a physics student I used it a lot for homework help and reading suggestions. Found it through Google, probably, searching for “how do I Lagrange” or something of the sort
Hey all! My name’s Bruno. I was a physics major for 2 years in undergrad, ended up switching to applied math and starting to do research in bio and now am a second year PhD student in mathematical evolutionary biology.

I’m still really interested in physics though, especially general relativity which was the focus of the grad classes I took when I was still a physics student. I’m here trying to reconnect with that part of myself! Looking to learn more about good self study resources, and just in general meeting people with similar interests. Thanks for reading! See y’all around.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
brpetrucci said:
I was a physics major for 2 years in undergrad, ended up switching to applied math and starting to do research in bio and now am a second year PhD student in mathematical evolutionary biology.
As a biologist, sounds like you made some good choices to me.
Welcome to PF.