Can a calf with three eyes and two mouths survive?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 4K views
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Messages
8,252
Reaction score
2,666
...Hale said the 57-pound calf is friendly, likes to drink milk from its mother and enjoys lapping up water by using both tongues.

The animal's extra mouth is on the lower left side of her face and her third eye, which blinks, is above the extra mouth. [continued]

http://www.local6.com/news/3027077/detail.html

http://images.ibsys.com/2004/0421/3026899_200X150.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Biology news on Phys.org
Just out of curiosity, do you dream of having a second head or something? You find lots of these goofy two- or three-headed things.

cookiemoster
 
I don't dream of having a second head, but I do dream of having more than 2 eyes, so I can read more than one book at a time. I heard that a long time ago, a man from China with more than one pupil per eye was able to do two things at the same time!
 
Just out of curiosity, do you dream of having a second head or something? You find lots of these goofy two- or three-headed things.

I don't think so...hmmm. Do you think this might be some kind of manifestation of hidden multiple personalies? :confused:

Really they do seem to come up quite a bit lately don't they? I guess this may be an example of something that gets the press but is really fairly common.
 
Last edited:
That looks frRRReeEEaaKKyy! I also heard about the double-pupiled man from China. That looked freaky. Maybe Ivan has a secret subscription to "Ripley's: believe it or not"
 
Don't expect yonder calf to survive long though, :( must have a pretty weak skull or something. Or its internals are going to be all screwed up.

Still if it had the same on the other side of it's head you would have a cool CerberCow