Can Einstein's Equations Explain a Sinking Locomotive in Bolivian Sand?
- Level: Graduate
- Thread starter Baluncore
- Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
6 replies · 5K views
Physics news on Phys.org
Discussion
Mentor
- 37,544
- 14,425
They are responsible for it.
The paint makes the locomotive heavier.
I would not hide the obvious answer in a spoiler.
I would not hide the obvious answer in a spoiler.
Mentor
- 37,544
- 14,425
Yes I did.
- 20,002
- 11,120
doh, I was there a few years ago and missed it!
Science Advisor
2025 Award
- 17,252
- 10,712
What an idea you have just triggered.
Last month I purchased a rusted garden ornament from a scrap dealer. It was an historical Robey & Co portable steam engine from the 1880s. I will stabilise what remains and paint it to stop to rust.
What would an appropriate equation be? H2O = MC2 Will that make them think?
Last month I purchased a rusted garden ornament from a scrap dealer. It was an historical Robey & Co portable steam engine from the 1880s. I will stabilise what remains and paint it to stop to rust.
What would an appropriate equation be? H2O = MC2 Will that make them think?
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Dearly Missed
- 9,864
- 4,896
Probably you know of this stuff, but i'll mention it just in case.Baluncore said:I will stabilise what remains and paint it to stop to rust.
i use a phosphoric acid based stabilizer with some chromates in it, Hardware and home supply stores have it under various brand names.. around here it's "Ospho" . It changes rust into a more stable black material.
It also etches aluminum so paint will stick. I used it on that pink boat with good results.
Similar threads
- nononeone
- · Replies 17 ·
- STEM Academic Advising
- Replies
- 17
- m4r35n357
- · Replies 1 ·
- Special and General Relativity
- Replies
- 1
- TrickyDicky
- · Replies 1 ·
- Special and General Relativity
- Replies
- 1
- andrewkirk
- · Replies 12 ·
- Astronomy, Astrophysics, Cosmology
- Replies
- 12
- friend
- · Replies 16 ·
- Special and General Relativity
- Replies
- 16
- Alain De Vos
- · Replies 12 ·
- Special and General Relativity
- Replies
- 12
- rlinsurf
- · Replies 4 ·
- High Energy, Nuclear, Particle Physics
- Replies
- 4